Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Built Ford Tough!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I won't say that's always the case...especially when driving one of my older heavier rigs. There are plenty of times where I do in fact give myself plenty of room to stop, then some jack wagon comes flying up passed me, cuts me off, squeezes in between me and the car I'm following and slams on his brakes because the guy I was following isn't going fast enough, but now the guy that cut me off is boxed in by a semi, and the jackwagon has nowhere to go, but to rapidly slow down. Now the 40 or so feet I left in front of myself, dropped to maybe 10 feet...and chances are, the jackwagons car decelerates quicker than mine does.
That's almost EXACTLY the situation that nearly got me into a wreck in my brand new truck about 2 weeks ago. If I hadn't had an open spot in the lane next to me I would have had no choice but to clobber the car in front of me. I swerved at the very last second and missed his bumper by less than a foot. I was shaken up for 2 or 3 days about it.

Don't feel bad du de.. I had a 2010 1500 c**vy rear end me a couple months ago cuz he was on the cell phone....destroyed his truck and just put a quarter size ding in my tailgate which I popped out when I got home...as soon as I saw that he was fine and his truck was totaled I laughed so hard I almost died....he seemed slightly irritated....mostly because I offered to tow him somewhere with a huge grin on my face

yeah man thats what i was just trying to say but evadently some people take it way to serious

Don't feel bad dude.. I had a 2010 1500 c**vy rear end me a couple months
ago cuz he was on the cell phone....destroyed his truck and just put a quarter
size ding in my tailgate which I popped out when I got home...as soon as I saw
that he was fine and his truck was totaled I laughed so hard I almost died....he
seemed slightly irritated....mostly because I offered to tow him somewhere with
a huge grin on my face
Cool story. :)

Way back when there were tests (Consumer Reports?) that showed a full
sized pickup was tough in the back (if it had a step bumper) and flimsy as
anything in the front.

If you run into something with the front end of your older pickup and don't
do any damage to it ...you didn't hit it very hard. LOL :)

----------------------

Here's my recent story,

I was in my '91 Bronco in Cananea Sonora Mexico helping a friend move to
Puerto Penasco and we'd got separated on purpose. I was out of gear, at
a stop sign, -texting- and rolled into an F250 of the same generation.

See it? :) My bronco's bumper matched the height of his rear bumper. :)

It spooked both of us (me more! ;) but we just waved at each other, me
waving and smiling like I was an idiot and showing mi-amiga's flipped-open
cell phone to 'im and shaking my head "no", and that was that, we went
our different ways.

The end. ;)

First time I'd bumped into anyone (even parallel parking) in over 15 years.

Alvin in AZ
ps- Yes, I have a pickup and yes, I'll help you move.
I do that all the time and like it. YMMV?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts