Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

had to work the old girl

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
My '09 Ranger is, well, not quite new anymore.

I'm helping the family of a friend deal with his estate, and although this wasn't exactly the plan to begin with...I ended up hauling a bunch of old motorcycle parts (mostly fairings and bodywork, not engines and other heavier bits) home with me this morning.

I won't say the truck loved pulling this thing- it weighed just a whisker under a ton empty, and I'm guessing a bit under 3k loaded, but it punches a big hole in the air.

Zero drama, though, and ran happily at 5-over on secondary roads...60-65 in fourth gear up the interstate. About 14 mpg over 210 miles, which I'm pleased with.

I've never quite fallen in love with this truck, but I really, really, REALLY like it. 9+ years, 138k miles, and basically zero drama. It does what I need, simply, reliably and capably.

Attachments

• bikeparts - 1.jpg
  • bikeparts - 2.jpg

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Heck, this time of year I barely get 15 just driving back and forth to work...probably wouldn't have done much better than 20 coming back empty.

Ford Truck Articles