Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Truck Coming Your Way, Vince

Vince, G.E.I. is delivering a truck to you tomorrow A.M. It's one of those heartache stories from another dealer I was telling you about.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
2003 or 2004 model year?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Well, I had my suspicions when the degas bottle had pressure on it after sitting all night, but I did the testing anyway. Head gaskets at least. Wont know if any heads are bad until its torn down. Just waiting on a go/no go.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Well, I had my suspicions when the degas bottle had pressure on it after sitting all night, but I did the testing anyway. Head gaskets at least. Wont know if any heads are bad until its torn down. Just waiting on a go/no go.

Not that big of an issue.....

I too have gas (me not my truck) after sitting/sleeping all night... just ask my wife!!!!

If you find a solution she wants to know what it is!!!!!

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
Quit eating old roy and switch to purina!

Only the best here... Science Diet.

Between my Great Dane and I.... we only eat the best.

However, she drinks water and I drink beer. She may be man's best friend, but only I get the beer!!!!

Kep4

Jäger
So, the EGR and oil cooler tested OK? While you're 'in there' do you check on or replace that rubber tube that may leak coolant?

I'm just curious.

blacksnapon

Staff member
We let them know that there was no way that we could give them an accurate estimate of final cost until it was torn down. We gave them a worst case idea though. If it starts to get expensive, we'll call them.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
What does OAISIS look like for this rig? Does it have a track record of being a problem child?

--------------------

2003 or 2004 model year?

............Its a late 04 engine, and its not tuned (167,000 miles)

Oh ok, so I guess the truck is an 04 unless the engine got replaced somewhere along the line.

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
The oasis is pretty much normal. EGR valve, some reflashes, paint work, and the trans recall for the planetary, and snap ring.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts