Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

"Allready sold this one!"

blacksnapon

Staff member
Worked on an 05 6.0 today. Trade in that they sold before it went through the shop. First thing I notice.....Edge controller--30k mileage. Next thing.....blowing coolant out of degas bottle. Went to advise general manager about warranty issues, was instructed "We arent in the business to ruin warranties". He asked if we remove the controller, will it fix itself? I told him, there is a possibility that damage has already been done. "Just remove the controller, then give it to him, if he installs it........." Again, have a good relationship with your tech, he might know something you dont!

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
i quit worrying about stuff like that. if its going to be warranty, sooner or later it will be any way. i would have taken the tuner off and sold it on ebay.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Edge controller?? What's that?? :D

That would be the only thing missing from Vince's picture post of "tools". If it were in the picture, it would be the "special tool" used to check for head gasket leaks, or egr cooler leaks. :rofl:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
That would be the only thing missing from Vince's picture post of "tools". If it were in the picture, it would be the "special tool" used to check for head gasket leaks, or egr cooler leaks. :rofl:
Now THAT'S funny!!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Nah, the ones that have been modified, have a sticker in the back window!'hah'

Storm

I just tell the Service Manager to kiss my rear end and I talk to the Tech.. Leroy and I are good good friends.. He helps me on everything and tells me what I can and can't do..

Ford Truck Articles