Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Truck

Traded my 07' on a 2011 F-250 CC, SRW, 4x4. All I can say is I was defenseless against the test drive.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Color, trim package? Congrats!

Ryan

It is a silver XLT/FX-4 crew cab. It has a 3.55 electronic locking rear axle. The 6.7 is pretty sweet, my 6.0L was getting an average of 13.7 MPG on winter fuel and about 16 to 16.5 in the summer. The computer shows about 17 to 17.5 on the 6.7 on winter fuel. I am not even through the first tank of fuel yet so I have not checked the accuracy of the computer yet but they are usually pretty close.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Congrats on your new truck...and please keep us updated!

I put fuel in it last night. I did a rough calculation (I do not have the exact milage that the dealer filled the tank prior to sale. I am within 5 miles). I hand calculated a conservative 16.7 MPG. The computer had me at 17 MPG. Very impressive! I did not have any MC Cetane Improver with me last night though... next tank.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Crossing my fingers Ford got all stupid out of this one. We have one in the fleet, so far mileage is close to the dodge I am driving.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Keep us posted on how you like it, ect. ect.

blacksnapon

Staff member
What about it? I just got the truck and it gets consumed at a rate of about 5 gal every 7500 miles. I don't expect it will be much of a burden.
The DEF consumption will vary with style of driving, and the amount of heavy usage. You'll get the hang of it! Enjoy!

Well I have had my truck for almost a year now and so far it has been great. It seems a lot of the diesel chatter occurs on other boards these days. I had the oil tested at the 2nd oil change which showed 1% fuel concentration. I have read that Ford is not even concerned unless it gets above 7%. I may take it in to determine if the transmission needs the latest flash. Every now and then I get the 2nd to 3rd flare. Nothing serious. Still very happy with it!

Ford Truck Articles