Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > General Conversation

Old 11-23-2020, 02:37 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Vince / blacksnapon

Thank you to all for you kind words. Iím learning a lot about dad that I didnít know over these past couple of days. I knew he was an amazing man, but some of these stories are making me know heís even more amazing than even *I* knew.

I remember him drawing the portrait of the two girls and the grandpas. He was excited to send it off. Iíd be happy to see the other pictures if you donít mind? For some reason his art is a source of comfort.

Thank you again, for allowing me to have access to his account. My mother is also getting on here and reading. I cannot wait for her to read the thread called ďDonnas OOPS moment.Ē Daddy will still be in trouble...he canít get out of this, even if he is gone.

Silly silly man. I dearly miss him
Tammy
Old 11-23-2020, 03:22 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnapon View Post
I remember him drawing the portrait of the two girls and the grandpas. He was excited to send it off. Iíd be happy to see the other pictures if you donít mind? For some reason his art is a source of comfort.
So a little back story on that portrait. My wife had a 'favorite picture' of her and the grandfather on the right (wearing the USF hat). She wanted to duplicate the same photo with her other grandfather who lived in Ohio. Sadly, that grandfather was 8hrs away, and was battling lung cancer, then passed. So, knowing Vince was a talented artist, I reached out to him in an effort to surprise my wife. I gave him no other direction than 'I want you to do a side by side, replicating this photo, but replacing this man...with this other one', and gave him a photo of one of the last 'healthy pics' of the deceased grandfather. A couple months later he sent it to me...I got absolute chills looking at how life like the portrait was...the detail was amazing, and he absolutely took an impossible task and knocked it out of the park. When I gave it to my wife, she cried for hours...she showed her mom and she cried for a while then too...we actually couldn't put it up for a few months, because every time my wife saw it, she'd cry. Now it's one of her most cherished items...and boy did we spend a small fortune on framing to make sure it would never get damaged. That's probably 8-10 years ago now.

We have other pieces from our engagement photos and our wedding photos that he did for us...those are our most recent from him, but those are pushing 5-7 years old at this point.

He was a very talented man, that has touched our home with his art work alone, much less the respect I have for him and the technical knowledge he imparted on everyone in this forum.

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 11-23-2020, 06:01 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
https://www.memorialchapelsandcremat...ey/#!/Obituary
Old 11-23-2020, 07:40 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear about your loss Tammy.. I was actually thinking just the other day about him while i was at work. Wondering how he was and all that.. Could be he was visiting us all after he passed to say goodbye and thats why i got to thinking about him..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 11-23-2020, 08:32 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Very sorry to hear this. As Doug said he was very knowledgeable and always willing to share that knowledge with anyone that needed it. He will be remembered fondly here

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 11-25-2020, 04:55 PM

slmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond reputeslmann has a reputation beyond repute
Very sorry to hear. Your father was a great man. I treasure the opportunity to have met him not only on this site but in person.
Old 11-26-2020, 01:10 PM
GingaNinja

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear. He was a great help to alot of people
Old 11-26-2020, 06:07 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
With heartfelt condolences to you and all your family and friends. I am sorry to hear of his passing on. He was highly respected here at FTF by all that interacted with him. His knowledge was extensive. His art was something I looked forward to him posting.
Randy
Old 11-29-2020, 10:55 AM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thank you again, for allowing me to have access to his account. My mother is also getting on here and reading. I cannot wait for her to read the thread called “Donnas OOPS moment.” Daddy will still be in trouble...he can’t get out of this, even if he is gone.

Tammy
And this knowledge would, I'm sure, make him smile.

This is the third time I've sat down to write this post...perhaps this time I'll finish. Tammy- your dad and I go aways back on this forum...in fact, I see now we joined just one day apart almost 14 years ago.

I learned a lot from him- not just specific technical information but the mindset used by a master to approach a mechanical problem...to diagnose it and then repair it properly. And I think of him often when I'm out in the garage trying to figure out how to fix something- particularly on a modern vehicle.

But he was also just a good guy- somebody I enjoyed talking with, listening to. We come from different places and different generations, and I always enjoyed his perspective on things.

I'm sorry for your loss- and your family's loss. I know you miss him, and I hope sifting through his old posts here brings you pleasant memories and a new connection.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed (not running)-- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed (gone)
1986 BMW R80 -- 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 3.5L 6-cyl 6-speed

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling
Old 11-29-2020, 10:56 AM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Thank you again, for allowing me to have access to his account. My mother is also getting on here and reading. I cannot wait for her to read the thread called ďDonnas OOPS moment.Ē Daddy will still be in trouble...he canít get out of this, even if he is gone.

Tammy
And this knowledge would, I'm sure, make him smile.

This is the third time I've sat down to write this post...perhaps this time I'll finish. Tammy- your dad and I go aways back on this forum...in fact, I see now we joined just one day apart almost 14 years ago.

I learned a lot from him- not just specific technical information but the mindset used by a master to approach a mechanical problem...to diagnose it and then repair it properly. And I think of him often when I'm out in the garage trying to figure out how to fix something- particularly on a modern vehicle.

But he was also just a good guy- somebody I enjoyed talking with, listening to. We come from different places and different generations, and I always enjoyed his perspective on things.

I'm sorry for your loss- and your family's loss. I know you miss him, and I hope sifting through his old posts here brings you pleasant memories and a new connection.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed (not running)-- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed (gone)
1986 BMW R80 -- 2020 Tacoma TRD Sport 4x4 3.5L 6-cyl 6-speed

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling