Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van...V2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
In the words of Arnie...."no, I am not FTFting you"

It seems that since I got my order in before actual production took place, there has been a hiccup....like no rear heat.

When I ordered the van, I knew that some things were "late availability"..which wasn't going to be a big deal...one of the combo's ordered was the polypropylene sidewalls in the back and spray in bedliner on the floor.

It seems that sometime in November, things got changed.....first, you could only get the spray in liner if you ordered a white van...meh, no big deal...but, if you ordered the wall protection you could not get the rear heat/air....as well as the bedliner....fawking Ford....:headbang:

Of course, they don't tell the dealer.

So....no rear AC isn't the end of the world...no rear heat...ermm...yeah, dealbreaker.

Salesman offered 2 options...an aftermarket system...which I said no way...and he offered at his expense to order the appropriate Ford pieces to complete the system...ready for this?....his cost...7k...on the option sheet, $800.

This dealer has been great over the years and as much as I appreciated him offering that, I just can't stick it to them over a bad rollout by Ford Corporate.

Sooooo....new van ordered....12 weeks...I hope.

:headbang:

Last edited:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
smiliepopcorn

smilienothingFunnyto

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Yeah...got the call last night..I don't think it was a call my salesman wanted to make.

It is what it is....one thing I've learned over the years is that shit happens for a reason...I might not know the reason or be beyond pissed about it...but it doesn't change it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Could have bought a GM Express van or a Sprinter van......

Funny you say that...after the call last night, the OL asks "so you gonna get a Chev?"

She is getting discharged from the hospital next week.

:D

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well....if they are selling them in California or Florida, it's probably not needed...they offer prewires as well, probably for upfitters.
There are a pile of options available
I just got order confirmation.

In the words of Arnie...."no, I am not FTFting you"

It seems that since I got my order in before actual production took place, there has been a hiccup....like no rear heat.

When I ordered the van, I knew that some things were "late availability"..which wasn't going to be a big deal...one of the combo's ordered was the polypropylene sidewalls in the back and spray in bedliner on the floor.

It seems that sometime in November, things got changed.....first, you could only get the spray in liner if you ordered a white van...meh, no big deal...but, if you ordered the wall protection you could not get the rear heat/air....as well as the bedliner....fawking Ford....:headbang:

Of course, they don't tell the dealer.

So....no rear AC isn't the end of the world...no rear heat...ermm...yeah, dealbreaker.

Salesman offered 2 options...an aftermarket system...which I said no way...and he offered at his expense to order the appropriate Ford pieces to complete the system...ready for this?....his cost...7k...on the option sheet, $800.

This dealer has been great over the years and as much as I appreciated him offering that, I just can't stick it to them over a bad rollout by Ford Corporate.

Sooooo....new van ordered....12 weeks...I hope.

:headbang:

Thats really surprising Duncan - given that Transit vans have been kicking around since the 1960's in Europe i would have thought rear heat would have been mandatory in the northern areas and would have translated straight over to you guys.

Funny you say that...after the call last night, the OL asks "so you gonna get a Chev?"

She is getting discharged from the hospital next week.

:D

Justifiable homicide :):) smilieFordlogo

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You've had order confirmation before......

Yes, but this one has the rear heat...after the load protection package and vinyl floor was removed.

Thats really surprising Duncan - given that Transit vans have been kicking around since the 1960's in Europe i would have thought rear heat would have been mandatory in the northern areas and would have translated straight over to you guys.

Justifiable homicide :):) smilieFordlogo

Lol...and not really...just like anything else, now if you do a build and price it won't let you...I suppose I should have waited until full production was ready.

FWIW, I remember when you could option a vehicle to your liking, add, subtract, etc. any option you chose...

I don't and I've been ordering factory vehicles since 1997...some things have never been available with other things.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Got a call...it has arrived...with a rear heater :D

Part of that call was the report that it is also going to the body shop....:icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker:

There was some minor shipping damage to the roof at the back

:headbang::headbang:

Ford Truck Articles