Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No Hi Beams or Fogs

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
I put my Hids in my 07 F-150 yesterday and everything worked great hi beams low beams and fogs went to leave last night and I had no headlights only fogs so I checked my fuses and found a blown fuse replaced it and I had low beam heads but now no fogs or high beams I tried jumping across the high beam relay and still no high beams the indicator on the dash doesn't even come on. I put the factory bulbs back in and still no change only low beams. Could the MFS burnt up any help would be greatly appreciated.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
High beam relay clicks when you turn them to high beam

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
Anyone please help????? Could this be the lcm causing this?

blacksnapon

Staff member
The HIDs, were they some sort of kit? Many HIDs require a separate ballast. Much different demands on electronics. Possible burned out components. Follow power and grounds with a circuit tester.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
It's a DDM Tuning kit. 55Watt 6000k bi-xenon bulbs 55watt AC ballast. They worked great on my other truck and worked great on this truck when I installed them. It was day time so I just checked all functions and turned them off drove home the truck set for 2 hrs when I got back in it to leave all these problems started.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
I'm getting power to the high beam relay and to the high beam fuse but nothing at the bulb plug.

blacksnapon

Staff member
I'm getting power to the high beam relay and to the high beam fuse but nothing at the bulb plug.
Remember, a relay is just a means to control a lot of voltage with just a little voltage. If theres control voltage and ground at the relay, there should be voltage coming out to the bulbs. It might be clicking, but it still might not be putting out voltage.

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
It's dead on the high beam side of the bulb and I don't have anything on the flash to pass either but the fuse is downstream of the relay and I have power in and out of the fuse. I hate electrical issues I'm afraid the LCM is messed up but I've heard flash to pass bypasses the LCM

JLOWERY

Tennessee Chapter member
Oh hell I'm lost now. I'm not good with wiring diagrams. I did check I'm getting power in and out of the hi beam fuse and the high beam indicator fuse. I also had power at the high beam relay when I turned the MFS to dim lost power to the high beam indicator fuse which I think that would be right. It's almost like I'm not get anything out of the fuse box but something to do with this caused it to quit sending a signal to the fog lights I think they ground of the hi beam relay. The only reason I've got fogs is because I did the fog light mod that causes them to stay on with hi or lo beams

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
lower right of the diagram (multifunction switch or dimmer swith) Follow the yellow wire to the central junction box (fuse box). It energizes the relay. The black wire is the ground. The green wire should now be energized. That wire is both the high beams and the fogs. Be aware of the fuse in the circuit (in the fuse box).

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts