Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Filter on Ecoboost turbo and reliability?

Fellro

Staff member
Hey Vince, we just had to replace the turbo on my mom's Edge Ecoboost under warranty. When they did the turbo, they said there was a filter for the turbo. Now the car is outside of warranty, so it will be to me to do the care on it. So I am wondering where the filter is, and then if you have heard/seen much for failures on the turbos for the 2.0 Ecoboost. It kind of seems it was bad from the start, as the fuel mileage has improved past what it has ever been since the turbo has been replaced. I know there are always going to be a few that fail, it is pretty much impossible to have 100% success rate on a mechanical process, just wondering if it is something to be concerned with. Thanks!

blacksnapon

Staff member
Hey Vince, we just had to replace the turbo on my mom's Edge Ecoboost under warranty. When they did the turbo, they said there was a filter for the turbo. Now the car is outside of warranty, so it will be to me to do the care on it. So I am wondering where the filter is, and then if you have heard/seen much for failures on the turbos for the 2.0 Ecoboost. It kind of seems it was bad from the start, as the fuel mileage has improved past what it has ever been since the turbo has been replaced. I know there are always going to be a few that fail, it is pretty much impossible to have 100% success rate on a mechanical process, just wondering if it is something to be concerned with. Thanks!
I'd heard of turbo's being replaced, but we've not had any here. Let me research the filter and I'll get back.

Ford Truck Articles