Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 05-19-2015, 09:36 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute

got the big boy toys out today now that i had adapter sockets to fit my 3/4 in... still had to use the 1/2" though for the tighter spots..

3/4" ratchet... 3ft pipe.. yep i win.. lol

downside was block threw me a curve too... the lifting tool i bought the reviews said to use the intake manifold bolts to pull the head with.. unfortunately those bolts were too long to do the job so ill have to get some bolts tomorrow on the way home.. hopefully tomorrow ill get the heads extracted... in the mean time its raining under the truck of what coolant was still in the heads...

was surprised by the exhaust bolts though... apparently to connect the up pipes to the manifolds the used through bolts for this?? with nuts on the back side... so annoying when your doing it cab on and the tight spaces there... lol

now this has me wondering wth was going on... everything ive read said these should be perfectly straight... they were a bear to get out too... not sure what the plastic thing was the came out with the first one... second one didnt come out with one...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-2015, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
The standpipes are bent. Those are one time use only.
Old 05-20-2015, 10:15 AM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Ahh.. Good to know.. There goes another $176...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 05-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Virginia Chapter member

i swear this is annoying.. been looking for 3 days now and still cant find the oil pan seals for the 6.0... not even on the couple ford dealer parts sites..

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 05-20-2015, 01:08 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
You call Wade?
Old 05-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
i swear this is annoying.. been looking for 3 days now and still cant find the oil pan seals for the 6.0... not even on the couple ford dealer parts sites..
We can have them next day (I checked). There's 3 of them (might not need all of them) 3c3z-6710-aa,ba, and ca.
Old 05-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
You call Wade?
he hasnt been answering for the last couple months since his dad passed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnapon View Post
We can have them next day (I checked). There's 3 of them (might not need all of them) 3c3z-6710-aa,ba, and ca.
isnt the 3rd one for on top of the bed plate?

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 05-20-2015, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

Yep, bed plate. That's the one you don't need.
Old 05-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Virginia Chapter member

sure hope not... lol dont really want to take the lower half apart that far...

as for todays mission...

passenger side of the block had a couple spots between the cylinders that looked like the head gasket let go between them... the driver side one had similar looks on the head side... the gasket on the back side of the driver side one looked like the sealing material was missing between the layers...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus

Last edited by Sparky83; 05-20-2015 at 09:06 PM.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:13 AM
Virginia Chapter member

I'm assuming I'm to meeasure the smaller side of the alignment dowels to know which gaskets I need right vince?? Block side of the pins bigger than the head side..

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus