Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > Off-Road

Old 01-29-2014, 09:02 PM

Fluongo98 is on a distinguished road
4x4 problems help!

I have a 1998 f250 light duty 4x4 drove it all night in 4hi cause it snowed parked the truck in 4hi and left in 4hi till the next mornin and put in 2hi drove 2 miles down the road and stop and went to take off and had nothin no drive or reverse. Tried to put back in 4 hi nothin but light was on tried to put in 4 lo wouldnt engage but light was on truck has 191000 miles trans was replaced around 150000 miles transmission was shifting perfectly fine never had an issue need some help from yall would be appreciative! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2014, 09:10 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Does it have the push button 4 wheel drive or do you have a lever on the floor to engage it.
Randy
Old 01-29-2014, 09:40 PM

Push button switch
Old 01-29-2014, 09:51 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
I would bet the motor glictched and it slipped into neutral in the transfer case. There is a stop on the switch motor that degrades and causes this. Pull the motor it is held on with torx head bolts and reach I'm and move the shaft til you feel a click it should be in gear then.
Motor is most likely bad.
Randy
Old 01-30-2014, 10:44 AM

The motor kinda looks like a solniod on the transfer case
Old 01-30-2014, 10:48 AM

And when i take it loose what do i do im kinda of confused on what ur sayin sorry
Old 01-30-2014, 01:32 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

once you have the motor off you will see a shaft that is the linkage you must rotate it to get the transfer case into either hi or low
Randy
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM

Tried it and motor was moving fine i had someone turnin the switch while i was under the truck and manually put it in 2wd and nothin i hopen the transmission isnt the problem
Old 01-31-2014, 06:19 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

When you put the truck in to park does park work? or does it roll like it is out of gear.
If park works your transfer case should be ok.
Randy
Old 01-31-2014, 07:15 PM

Yea park is workin transmission was shifting perfectly fine tho idk