Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > FTF Mustang Club

Old 11-18-2012, 08:51 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
Capri thread

So the weather finally cleared up enough to work on the swap.

Has to be one of the easiest cars I've pulled an engine out of. Only had to crawl under for two bolts.

Instead of fixing a motor mount somebody did this

Finally out

Afore mentioned motor mount as it came out

One for Duncan

Where I'm at to end the day

Idiots shouldn't be allowed to work on vehicles, found metric bolts threaded into SAE holes, miss matched bolts, three bolts holding bell housing in place, there was locking washers on the flywheel bolts but came off with a breaker bar suspended from the hoist; and, the flywheel from my '74 351, p# C6AE, flywheel from the '85 302 p# C6ZE.... idiots used the old flywheel from the old 302. Explains my vibration.

More to come

Sponsored Links
Old 11-18-2012, 08:58 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Subscribed
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 11-18-2012, 09:55 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
I like the looks of those old capris. My sister bought a new one right after she got married in 197?. It was a fun car to drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 11-19-2012, 06:21 AM

m78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond reputem78 has a reputation beyond repute
I dated a girl that had one. She wrecked it.
Do you use the entrance to that side of the garage much ?

Old 11-19-2012, 08:21 PM
They call me Spuds

1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute1970Custom has a reputation beyond repute
One step forward three back, missed a broken bolt in the front of the block. Ended up having to pull the pump, oil pan, and timing cover to drill it and helicoil it. Was about ten minutes from dropping it in too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by m78 View Post
I dated a girl that had one. She wrecked it.
Do you use the entrance to that side of the garage much ?
Not until about a month ago...

Old 11-19-2012, 08:56 PM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
I really like your car. I hope the rest of the installation goes well.

Ryan
Old 11-19-2012, 09:04 PM
They call me Spuds

I'm kinda nervous about the 351, the 302 was a wicked little engine...

Always been a Fox Mustang guy, even better that the Capri was only produced from '79 to '86...

Last edited by 1970Custom; 11-19-2012 at 09:07 PM.
Old 11-19-2012, 10:18 PM
Flatheads Forever

mtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond repute
Funny, I'm not a fox-body Mustang guy but the Capri looks great - must be mind games.

I swapped a 2.3 for a 5.0 in a fox 'stang. I can only imagine what the 351 would be like!

Don't you just love PO's?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 PM
They call me Spuds

Body lines Tim. Capri has flaired fenders and quarters.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:32 AM
Flatheads Forever

mtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond reputemtflat has a reputation beyond repute
I'm old enuf to have been around when the first 'stangs came out. To my feeble mind the fox just didn't look the part. Change the name, a few body lines and it's a sweet sports car. I know, I know, but some day it'll happen to you too Eric.....grins

That's a perfect car for upgrades like you're doing - and looks awesome!