Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > SUV > Excursion

Old 08-06-2015, 09:22 PM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Austin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkatt1 View Post
Hey Hey! Congratulations Austin!
Thanks Roy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
hey Austin...

Lil dually requests you come work your magic on her... shes claiming im being a mean owner by not cleaning her while im trying to put her back together..
I know a guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Most Excellent, Austin. Hope the business continues to grow!
Very much thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellro View Post
Good to hear things are continuing to go well for you. You meet those who have mastered the trade, and treat them properly they will help you learn, as you are finding out. One key rule that I see people not always do it ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS bill or at minimum track product usage per job so you know 1.) when to order product so as to not run out in the middle of a job, and 2.) know how to properly bill the job. Always be aware of your input costs and also account for them in the pricing as well. tools and equipment are something you can't bill by the job really, but need to be paid towards a bit as well, kind of like mileage on a vehicle. And your skills/time need compensated. It was one thing when you were learning, but now while you continue to learn it is safe to say your skills are already good enough to be able to charge appropriately for them. I feel you are like so many of us, we don't realize just how good we have gotten at our chosen professions as we don't have an ego or false image about it and tend to undervalue ourselves. With your passion and attention to detail and high standards, you will continue to rise to the top. Keep it up, you will go far!
Thanks! It's been a self examination of sorts to truly understand my skill and worth. Talk about feeling empowered know all of the numbers, though!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
^^^Agreed. I see a fleet of Excursions traveling across the nation in the near future, or probably Transits.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_f350 View Post
Congrats mate! Looks awesome. But what happened to the obs powerstrroke truck?
The tranny was going out, so she went off to auction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbear View Post
Kinda repeating what everyone else said- congrats, and wishing you success in the future.
And a kind thanks to you!
Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-2015, 04:43 PM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Austin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond reputeAustin has a reputation beyond repute
So, my grandfather decided he couldn't wait on me to wake up before starting a fire two feet from my truck...

Everyone is my teacher. Some I seek. Some I subconsciously attract. Often I learn simply by observing others. Some may be completely unaware that I'm learning from them, yet I bow deeply in gratitude.
Old 08-18-2015, 04:45 PM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Estimated OE replacement parts plus labor come out to just north of $600, which he cannot pay. Too little to justify on insurance, so I could use some help here. Looking for the lower cladding in any color (though I'd obviously prefer the gray so I don't have to paint it). I can get a new knockoff tail light for around $30 and live with the bumper pad. Hopefully the wiring is in good shape behind the light.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:11 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
I like the logo, Austin. That fits in really well with the gray vehicle. What is the last word on the saying on the back glass?

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:12 PM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Thanks Doug, I think it'll work well for the future. The last word is 'Shininess'
Old 08-18-2015, 05:15 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
Thanks Doug, I think it'll work well for the future. The last word is 'Shininess'
I was going to guess "Cleanliness".

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:35 PM

aussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond repute
That sucks mate.
But on a good point, it looks awesome with the writing!! And I have never noticed the doors on the back of those before, look like they be awesome to get things in and out of!!
Old 08-18-2015, 07:37 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
when you do get that new tail light do yourself a favor and get to HD or lowes.. buy a tube of silicon sealer then go all the way around that housing.. make sure you fill the seams.. if not your going to have issues with water inside.. little grease on the little rubber grommet helps too..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 08-18-2015, 10:14 PM
FTF's #1 Knob Polisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie_f350 View Post
That sucks mate.
But on a good point, it looks awesome with the writing!! And I have never noticed the doors on the back of those before, look like they be awesome to get things in and out of!!
The barn-ish doors are great for how I have it set up currently. Don't need the bottom doors open unless I'm pulling something larger out. One thing that does suck is that they only open about 89*; I'd rather something closer to 100 or 120* so I have a little more room in tight spaces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
when you do get that new tail light do yourself a favor and get to HD or lowes.. buy a tube of silicon sealer then go all the way around that housing.. make sure you fill the seams.. if not your going to have issues with water inside.. little grease on the little rubber grommet helps too..
I would have probably realized this in a few months!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:21 PM

aussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah my brothers transit doors open right up to a right angle with the car, it's very handy!