Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Special Interest > FTF Mustang Club

Old 07-31-2015, 11:52 PM
kiwi f150

kiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond reputekiwi f150 has a reputation beyond repute
Ford Reinvents The Wheel - An Aussie Addition

http://www.stuff.co.nz/motoring/news...ents-the-wheel

Ford is releasing its GT350R's with carbon fibre wheels supplied by an Australian company.

While carbon fibre wheels are not new, the product produced by Carbon Revolution and Ford testers will be the first mass-produced wheel of this type.

The wheels are being mass-produced especially for the GT350R and will include a ceramic plasma arc spray on the front wheels - the same process used on the original Space Shuttle main engine turbine blades to provide thermal protection from brake heat.

Ford says that among sports car enthusiasts, carbon fibre wheels are on the short list of dream components for high-performance vehicles. In the rarefied world of supercars only Koenigsegg has offered optional carbon fibre wheels.

Ford set extremely high testing requirements for the wheels, testing to ensure they endure curb strikes, UV and chemical exposure, and extreme heat durability.

During construction a unique tracking number is embedded and each wheel undergoes 61 individual checks and more than 246,000 data points are logged.

And the big plus is the weight reduction with the one-piece carbon fibre wheels weighing in at 8.1 kilograms each compared to 14.9kg for the aluminium equivalent.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rapidly promoted by mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of sh*t by the clean end."

Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2015, 12:11 AM

aussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond reputeaussie_f350 has a reputation beyond repute
That's pretty cool!!
Old 08-05-2015, 09:18 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Cool Mark, I read that they were planning those kind of rims for the new GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 08-06-2015, 08:23 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Wow, it sounds like the engineers finally wrapped their minds around it. I wonder how much rotational drag this will remove from the drivetrain.

Ryan