Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 08-05-2015, 08:34 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
In the home stretch!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2015, 08:57 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Instructions said to vent the regulator to the ground in case of failure.. i didnt like the idea of dumping Diesel on the ground when i dont see fuel prices ever dropping to .10 a gallon again.. itd be one thing if they were.. but not when it takes 300 month to fill the dern thing...

1/8" line connected to the Purge dump port...

routed to the line just behind the front tire next to the shock..

11' to the rear of the truck...

little drilling to the top of the filler neck

thought i was back further.. got kinda lucky here...

Some parts from the local Lowes plumbing section...

Just enough room hehe

and now its all connected...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 08-08-2015, 04:17 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
got the last bits done...

bad ones on bottom... i swear i hate that it sprung 2 weeks outside of the warranty... friend got ford to warranty it anyways.. but never got the new one after making numerous calls.. it apparently had shown back up at the warehouse a little over a month ago.. was shipped back out but still never got it.. so just bought another from another place.. nice thing is Lifetime Warranty on this one..

how it shouldnt look..

how it should look..

and now i got fuel pressure.. the only downside i have to this gauge compared to the last was the last one was a RT sensing.. This one has a 3 second delay in it..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 08-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post

and now i got fuel pressure.. the only downside i have to this gauge compared to the last was the last one was a RT sensing.. This one has a 3 second delay in it..
*So when will you be turning the key?

*As another way to access data besides, the gauges, you might look into the Torque app for your Android phone. Get the pro version, and there is access to a bunch of PID's that let you get a LOT of added info. Word has it that people with diesels were the ones that got and made the PID's available; you'd be surprised what else some of them work on. Anyhow, something to think about, and the price to experiment is very righteous.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 08-09-2015, 05:39 PM
Virginia Chapter member

thats what i got a scan gauge for bill.. but dont enjoy it to much..

i was hoping to be driving it around yesterday and today but unfortunately the batteries seem like their either internally shorted or just dead.. when i tried to crank her over again yesterday *click click click click*.. had them both on the charger most of yesterday afternoon.. no go.. went out today with my hydrometer (electrical tape works wonders for fixing the squeeze ball lol).. out of 12 cells... 1 tested barely into the fair... 2 didnt even budge the needle at all. and the rest were on the low end of being bad.. like they moved the needle but barely made it into the box... so id say both batteries are toast...

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 08-09-2015, 09:47 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Are you fully certain that the Scangauge can access all the data that Torque Pro can? I ask because, I have an Ultragauge, it's nice and all that, but you can't add PID's, therefore a guy is limited to what *they* let you have.

*Torque will let you record both vehicle operating conditions (data you select) and your map location using GPS together; this can be handy for and God forbid, determining conditions (geography, hills for example) and vehicle conditions when it misbehaves.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 08-09-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:10 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
Are you fully certain that the Scangauge can access all the data that Torque Pro can? I ask because, I have an Ultragauge, it's nice and all that, but you can't add PID's, therefore a guy is limited to what *they* let you have.

*Torque will let you record both vehicle operating conditions (data you select) and your map location using GPS together; this can be handy for and God forbid, determining conditions (geography, hills for example) and vehicle conditions when it misbehaves.

https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-...cific-xgauges/

all the PID's you can program into the scangauge II.. you have to watch what model you buy as not all of them will do it..

and how to program them in

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0aYZLlWeqo

the one i have will data log.. book claims it can use GPS but dunno how accurate that would be. i mainly got it for scan gauge and sensor read outs when i was trying to figure out why it wouldnt start before..

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus

Last edited by Sparky83; 08-09-2015 at 10:14 PM.
Old 08-10-2015, 12:06 PM
Virginia Chapter member

the truck apparently gets to go for a ride on the wrecker now... boooo

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus
Old 08-10-2015, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
the truck apparently gets to go for a ride on the wrecker now... boooo
Obama did it, it's his fault.

*Really...how come?

Old 08-10-2015, 05:17 PM
Virginia Chapter member

*sniffle*

apparently not allowed to just pull the battery's and take them up there.. they want to test them on the truck while connected to see if theyre really bad.. also because the service center was the one to do it theyre the ones that have to claim the warranty.

They apparently have some fancy battery charger/tester that will check the batterys condition.. if they fail then they get a code to turn in with the warranty. or so they said.. not sure i fully buy into that.. maybe vince can confirm it since he works for a ford..

-John F. Kennedy

-Christopher Titus