Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General > General Conversation

View Poll Results: Which vanity plate should we use for the dents?
Their first names, Brett and Blake. 1 11.11%
"THX MOM1" and "THX MOM2" 1 11.11%
Other 1 11.11%
Save $35 a year and use the one issued. 6 66.67%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2015, 05:51 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Help choosing vanity license plates.

Now that we've decided we cannot let these hunks of metal leave our hands, we're ready to personalize them for the boys.

My wife and I are torn and are 50/50 on whether we should have their names on the plates or something similar to what we currently have on the 77.

2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2015, 05:56 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Right now this is what we have on our vehicles:

-F150 KR - TAXIN8R (Corporate vehicle)

-Expi - ALLEN08 (we were married in 08)

-77 F150 - THX BABE

-79 F250 - issued plate

-POS Cheby Plow truck - issued plate
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 07-08-2015, 06:22 AM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
I wouldn't do the mom.
the other kids will taunt them and call them mom's boys. Nothing wrong with being a mommas boy but kids will be kids.
I like their names and they will also. remember as a kid finding stuff with your name. Like those little licence plates for you bike they were cool.
Randy
Old 07-08-2015, 06:24 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
My $0.02($0.00002) in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation and the CPI. Vanity plates only make sense to the people that have them put on the vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 07-08-2015, 07:54 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
I wouldn't do the mom.
the other kids will taunt them and call them mom's boys. Nothing wrong with being a mommas boy but kids will be kids.
I like their names and they will also. remember as a kid finding stuff with your name. Like those little licence plates for you bike they were cool.
Very good points Randy! Thanks......kids can be cruel for sure....while it would be hard to make fun of a kid riding around in rigs like these, like you said, kids will attempt to taunt for whatever reason.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 07-08-2015, 07:58 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
My $0.02($0.00002) in today's dollars, adjusted for inflation and the CPI. Vanity plates only make sense to the people that have them put on the vehicle.
Thanks Doug.....did they have a monetary system back in your day? Was it the denarius?

But I would agree with you that people have personalized plates that make sense to them.......it's always been my pet peeve that people would have plates that aren't generally able to be understood.....almost makes them a wasted effort unless it was purely for themselves and their families.

Over the years the "THX BABE" has gotten some great remarks as it can either say, "Thanks for letting me buy it." or "Thanks for buying it for me." and we've never told anyone definitively which one it was meant to say.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 07-08-2015, 08:29 AM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Thanks Doug.....did they have a monetary system back in your day? Was it the denarius?

But I would agree with you that people have personalized plates that make sense to them.......it's always been my pet peeve that people would have plates that aren't generally able to be understood.....almost makes them a wasted effort unless it was purely for themselves and their families.

Over the years the "THX BABE" has gotten some great remarks as it can either say, "Thanks for letting me buy it." or "Thanks for buying it for me." and we've never told anyone definitively which one it was meant to say.
Actually, it was the drachma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 07-08-2015, 08:35 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Actually, it was the drachma.
Hahaha!

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Old 07-08-2015, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
I've always prefered to blend in with the crowd and be less easy to recognize, therefore I go with the state ones. On the other hand.......if I had an older vehicle I'd consider a period correct/year of issue correct plate and tag for that vehicle. Depending on the year and especially the condition, those can bring some good coin to an ebay seller.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 07-08-2015, 10:58 AM
Licensed to Represent!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
I've always prefered to blend in with the crowd and be less easy to recognize, therefore I go with the state ones. On the other hand.......if I had an older vehicle I'd consider a period correct/year of issue correct plate and tag for that vehicle. Depending on the year and especially the condition, those can bring some good coin to an ebay seller.
Thanks Bill.....the period correct year plate would be awesome.....I didn't even know we could do that. If I found a 1977 Maine plate, are you saying I might be able to use it today?

But I hear you on the blending in thing.....in my small town, driving these rigs around town, it is literally impossible to blend in regardless of what the plates say......I stick out big time and people know when the truck is on the road.
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote: