Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 12

Generation 12 2009-up F150

Old 05-26-2015, 07:43 PM

travlnman is on a distinguished road
After disconnecting battery...

2014 STX with 3.7L 4WD/ 3.73LS rear, with tow/haul package and manual "sport" shift. Disconnected battery this past weekend while doing a little PM, and noticed a change. Before, even in D, the indicator on the dash showed what gear I was in at all times, but now, when in D, there is no indication of what gear I'm in. If I am in M (manual), the indicator shows the gears, but goes out when back to D. This is certainly different than before. All else seems normal and it runs and shifts fine as always....just this little detail. Any ideas are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-2015, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

SuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond reputeSuperCab has a reputation beyond repute
Coincidence maybe? Hard to say...

2011 F-150 XLT SuperCrew EcoBoost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin View Post
I have some other options if those don't work.

What's your view on sheep?
Old 05-27-2015, 04:36 AM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
I think if, when in D, you push the -, or perhaps +, button on the end of the gearshift, you can turn on/off that indication.

(Far more usefully, you can also lock it out of a couple of the higher gears, without putting it into manual mode and having to shift it yourself.)

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling

Last edited by john112deere; 05-27-2015 at 04:43 AM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:56 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere View Post
I think if, when in D, you push the -, or perhaps +, button on the end of the gearshift, you can turn on/off that indication.

(Far more usefully, you can also lock it out of a couple of the higher gears, without putting it into manual mode and having to shift it yourself.)
Something along these lines would also be my expectation. Thanks to the incorporation of the CAN BUS 10+ years ago, automakers are able to saturate vehicles today with all sorts of user customizeable settings and features. If it were me and knowing how meaty owners manuals are (and have been for a long time), I'd either call or stop by the dealer and talk (hope for a faster answer).

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 05-27-2015, 03:16 PM

All good ideas, thanks ! Will give these a shot...just did not have it in me yesterday to dig any deeper. Bad day at work, stubborn machine..busted my head on said machine(all good now) and when I just get home and try to cut some grass...front wheel literally falls off the mower...I called it a day after that
Old 05-28-2015, 09:16 PM

john112deere, you nailed it, thanks again !
Old 05-30-2015, 05:10 PM
caffeine junkie

Super Moderator

john112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond reputejohn112deere has a reputation beyond repute
I put a lot of miles on a similar truck over a few days last summer, and I push too many buttons for my own good.

Glad I could help.

1997 Ranger XLT 4x2, 2.3L 4-cyl 5-speed -- 2009 Ranger XLT 4x4, 4.0L V-6 5-speed -- 1986 BMW R80

The advantages of modern engineering are in many ways over balanced by the disadvantages of modern civilization.
--Col. W.A. Roebling