Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Chips/Power mods

Old 12-29-2014, 12:35 AM

justinhill7714 is on a distinguished road
302 Engine quick performance

I'm interested in upping the performance on my 302 engine of my 1978 f150. Any suggestions or ideas?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2014, 01:05 AM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
An engine works like a pump. The better you can get air in and then let out, the better and more efficient it will be, thus more performance...but it is limited for amount of gain. By upgrading your exhaust and air intake (drawing in cool air away from the engine heat and using a quality filter) you will gain some performance, and maybe better fuel mileage (if you can keep your foot off the gas pedal )
Start with these two mod's, then if you still want more performance you will be looking at the heads and internal parts.
Old 12-29-2014, 12:33 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
What Roy said....intake, headers and carb. In my opinion doing the cam at the same time is worth it and not a whole pile more work.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.