Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

820 Ford Hemi

blackhat620

You Had to be There
Arizona
Jon Kasse builds some very good race engines. As for price if you gotta ask well you can't play.

Jon_Kasse_820_Ford_Hemi.jpg

The Preferred Choice of IHRA Pro Stock World Champions
820 Cubic Inch Pro Stock Ford HEMI Engine
1800+ horsepower
Aluminum 5.00 x 12.00 cylinder block
Bryant billet Crank
Dry sump oiling system
BME aluminum rods
Call For Pricing
www.jonkaaseracingengines.com/products/engines/820-ford-hemi/66-820-ford-hemi.html

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Very wicked motor...
To extreme for me, tune it down so it makes 1200hp and is still streetable...
Then i would be interested...
I said interested, not that i could ever afford it...

I don't know about that. The hemis sold in the 68 Baracuda and Dart packages were rumored at 550 HP.I don't think any 820 HP hemis were running around stock.I would have to imagine that someone somewhere dynoed it back then and,if it did in fact produce 820/750, there's no way that could have been kept a secret for so long.I don't doubt that it produced more hp/tq than claimed, though.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I don't know about that. The hemis sold in the 68 Baracuda and Dart packages were rumored at 550 HP.I don't think any 820 HP hemis were running around stock.I would have to imagine that someone somewhere dynoed it back then and,if it did in fact produce 820/750, there's no way that could have been kept a secret for so long.I don't doubt that it produced more hp/tq than claimed, though.

Erm....that is 820 CI...1800+ HP

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner

It's a Ford 820CI motor, HEMI isn't just a Dodge term... it is named so because of the hemispherical combustion chamber.

You may have already known that, but I figured I would clear it up for anybody who didn't...

here's a link about hemis, CLICKY

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
If anybody wants to know how to shoehorn one into a 9th gen f250 then let me know.... My only fee is motor must stay in truck for atleast a few weeks... :)

For testing purposes of course.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
1800 hp? And why would someone want to tool around town with this type of power? Wow....I thought 500 in mine was more than I needed.

I would guess, one would throw that kind of cash around to race only, right?

Here's a 707 (1650 hp) for sale a year or so ago for $50k:
http://www.429-460.com/stuff-for-sale-f1/707-jon-kaase-hemi-ford-t3096.htm

I may know a few guys that would try and street an 820...but yes Ken, that would be a race application only. As for price...no way I'd ever lay that kinda coin down for an engine. I have a chevy buddy (use his shop all the time), who has an 750ish hp 350 that is just a modge podge of parts that he threw together in the $5-6k range.

You can never have enough power Ken from Maine, sometimes I just don't know about you man 'smiliecrazy' 'smiliecrazy'

:D

Ken is still learning...get off his a$$ and go fondle a male chicken.

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
You can never have enough power Ken from Maine, sometimes I just don't know about you man 'smiliecrazy' 'smiliecrazy'
:D

Yikes....I'm a newbie....give me a break....but I mean, do I just keep tooling my engine or putting a new one in to get more HP? Do we go to 2k then 3k?. Jay Leno's tank car only gets 1600 HP....what's up with him? He could afford to increase it. There has to be a limit.

What would this do to your drive train?: http://people.bath.ac.uk/ccsshb/12cyl/index.html.o

108,920 HP and no, I didn't mess up on my comma's. 108k HP and 5.6 million pounds of torque.

How about this:
http://www.engadget.com/2006/10/20/street-legal-red-victor-one-does-0-to-60-in-one-second/

2200 HP and 0-60 in "1", yes "ONE" second. 'wtf'
That can't be possible.

One blip of the throttle and my whole drivetrain would disintegrate. One tons-the new half tons when you have 1800+hp. :D

Ford Truck Articles