Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project Cheap Bastard: LEB 70 460

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Also dubbed Abraham (Lincoln). I finally pulled the 460 out of the 70 Lincoln...it'll be going the Bronco. 'Holy Grail' D0ve headed 365hp factory rated 460. Wanted to do a pre-op dyno run, to see how accurate that actually was, but wasn't running well enough to do it, but a post-op run will definitely happen. Dropped it of at Left Eye Blind south shop in South Carolina with Paul and Kris. Drank their beer and smoked their cigars...to offset the cost of the build, of course. Kris already has custom ground cam whipped up that'll help bleed off compression so I can run pump gas with no issues.

image408.jpg

image409.jpg

image410.jpg

image411.jpg

image412.jpg

And I stole a couple for the road...
image413.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Going with a recurved duraspark...

image415.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Kris sent me this factory stamp of approval...thought it was pretty cool it was so crisp. But it is a 60,000 mile virgin engine.
image416.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Did think it was pretty interesting for an untouched engine to have a D0ve C on one side and a D0ve A on the other side...gonna try to pull casting dates.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm gonna stick with a C6...but the one currently in the Bronco is almost dead. Buddy of mine had a wrecked truck that had a 5,000 mile rollerized C6 that I picked up, but I also have a fresh stock C6 rebuild sitting right next to it. Gonna end up having to use a 2500 stall with this build regardless.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yeah...this will make it 'more streetable'. The issue we ran in to is the 10.5:1 compression. Cam was custom ground to bleed off...and the stall is a by product. Should still be semi-streetable for my purposes. I won't be able to go through any drive-thrus and get the correct order...but I don't mind walking in.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Cool Ben...and a 2500 converter will drive nicely Ryan....it doesn't mean that it won't move until the engine hits that rpm....you'd be surprised to see what some of the stock stall speeds are...like 1700-1900 rpm.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Update...

Degrease:
image417.jpg

yup...it's a 460:
image420.jpg

Sad panda...not fo boat manes:
image419.jpg

Kris was happy with how clean this thing is...he thought I added an extra an extra zero to the mileage...63,000:
image418.jpg

Engine has never been apart...guess it was 430 on a Friday afternoon and there were extra A's:
image421.jpg

image422.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Same head...just a different revision. All the 68-70 heads are basically the same. More of a time of year thing...with a few minor changes. But when collectively speaking...a d0ve is a d0ve.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
A few more pics today. The new Ford Racing water pump. Yes it is teal, with pink accents. Get tired of seeing the same old same old ford blue and dark ford blue. Bailee picked the color, Kris made an executive decision on the pink pipe tape. I figured if we were going that far, might as well add glitter, but Kris wouldn't buy in. But I got his wife to agree to go out next time the paint is wet...

image423.jpg

image424.jpg

image425.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You gonna dress it up?

I was going to go with some custom valve covers...but I'm running in to the issue of tall covers not fitting under my air box, and too much valve train lift to use short covers. Might have kris see if he can cut a set of talks down to the perfect height. Otherwise, stock will be used. 3G with one of LEB's alt relocation mount. Probably have to use one of their Saginaw brackets as well. Weight natural finish intake...chromed quick fuel carb. PMGR starter. Beyond that, just the standard block paint.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts