Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Don't forget the little things

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I was out tonight looking through a bunch of extra little odds and ends I had in a box and ended up finding a brand new "coat hook" I had and after 6 six years I finally installed it. :) One of those things that I overlooked and never thought about. But now it's installed. Can't forget an important part like that. Furthermore, I thought there were two in the cab, but I only see holes for one in mine.

IMG_4097.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Those little things make you smile though, don't they? Some times, I like going through my parts just to see what I have. If I had a nickel for every part I have that hasn't gotten installed yet, I'd have a few bucks.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
I was out tonight looking through a bunch of extra little odds and ends I had in a box and ended up finding a brand new "coat hook" I had and after 6 six years I finally installed it. :) One of those things that I overlooked and never thought about. But now it's installed. Can't forget an important part like that. Furthermore, I thought there were two in the cab, but I only see holes for one in mine.

IMG_4097.jpg

Mine doesn't have one either. I guess I never thought about it. Does that mount above the back window?

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Those little things make you smile though, don't they? Some times, I like going through my parts just to see what I have. If I had a nickel for every part I have that hasn't gotten installed yet, I'd have a few bucks.

Yes they do. I love to look at my extra parts to see what I have.

Mine doesn't have one either. I guess I never thought about it. Does that mount above the back window?

Look above the rear window drivers side. There should be two holes, one for the screw to attach the clip, the other for a small peg on the clip to fit into so it doesn't rotate once installed.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

IMG_4097.jpg

I just drilled to small holes like the factory and installed one more behind the drivers side. (mine came with only one too, on the right passenger side)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I just drilled to small holes like the factory and installed one more behind the drivers side. (mine came with only one too, on the right passenger side)

Good idea. I have an extra new one because I bought two thinking there were two, so I will do as you did and install another one. So, yours was on the passenger side and mine was on the driver's side. That's different.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
After ten years of owning this truck, I'm embarrassed to say, I just now noticed I have a coat hook. :redface: And yes, mine is on the driver's side also.

Jolly Green

I Salt My Ketchup
I thought I had found a repo but after I put it all back together, it had clamped onto the glass so tight I couldn't open it.

Nice.

I've read where the window up to 96 will fit our trucks, but the glass is thicker in the windows from the era our trucks were made in. Maybe that was your issue...that you got felt made for a newer 80's or 90's window.

Ford Truck Articles