Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

If you wanna race a Dentside...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Yeah, the big dollar guys are running all fiberglass panels, aluminum floors, cut out beds, stuff like that to keep the weight down at the bogs. I would love to cut some weight out of the bronco, but I fear the panels would not last very long with my bronco's tendency to hit trees while on the trails :rofl:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Might also be for mud racers.

I was using 'race' in the title very loosely.

Yeah, the big dollar guys are running all fiberglass panels, aluminum floors, cut out beds, stuff like that to keep the weight down at the bogs. I would love to cut some weight out of the bronco, but I fear the panels would not last very long with my bronco's tendency to hit trees while on the trails :rofl:

I realized there was fiberglass stuff out there, I just thought most of it was custom work. I had no clue there were actually folks reproducing fiberglass dentside stuff.

On edit...anyone have a link to the place that produces flared fiberglass fenders for dents? I can never seem to remember what their name is.

Last edited:
very very cool link! any one that needs an 8 ft bed can now order one if you got deep pockets! thats the 1st time i have seen any one make them for our years of dents and they should last forever great stuff!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
very very cool link! any one that needs an 8 ft bed can now order one if you got deep pockets! thats the 1st time i have seen any one make them for our years of dents and they should last forever great stuff!!

Yeah, same here. Kinda makes you wanna find a rolling chassis and go from there, or is that just me?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I had saw those fiberglass parts awhile back when I first started my project and had actually thought about doing something like that. But, I couldn't give up the good ol American steel. I would love to have one of those cowl induction hoods for my truck.

Ford Truck Articles