Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

WIW Barn Find

Greetings-
I'm sorry my 2nd post is a WIW post, however I've been tasked with finding a estimated value for what appears to be a very nice 74 F100.

I've good friend who's reached his middle seventies and wants to declutter a bit. He's a very nice, low milage '74 F100 he's considering selling. He purchased it new and used it very little. It's been stored inside since new. Here's an email from wife who is in central Minnesota where the truck is located. I'll post pics shortly. Thx Kevin

1974 Big block 360 in.³ C6 automatic power steering power brakes original a.m. radio Johnson CB 18,200 miles New exhaust Front transmission seal leaks The scratch I took a picture of was there when he got it. No other marks on body. Inside tail gate is scratched from use but he is going to fix that this weekend.

Edit: Second email from wife
Another email from my wife...

And I noticed my note said he was fixing scratches, he is fixing the transmission seal. He said the designs on the truck are painted on its not pinstripes. After he bought truck he worked for a company that gave him company truck. That truck sits on a piece of carpet in his garage and he said it has since he got it. He never intended to not drive it or use it, but it just worked out that way.

Last edited:
Pics

I'll try to get better pics and finite details.

Attachments

• Attachment 1.jpg
  • Attachment 2.jpg
  • Attachment 3.jpg
  • Attachment 4.jpg
  • Attachment 7.jpg

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice truck, looks like a well preserved survivor, with just the usual accessories that the average person would have put on their trucks. It looked all period correct to me. I'm going to say that truck is worth between 10k and 25k in that condition, but also go to http://www.kbb.com and enter your information and that should give you an idea of what that truck is worth.hopefully you find this rather helpful to you.smiliegitrdonesmilieFordlogosmilieFordlogo

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
I agree with Jim, looks like an awesome SURVIVOR......with that said:

-not crazy about the pin striping
-it's not 4wd (brings more money and buyers)
-need pictures of the underneath, full body shots, bed, and especially the engine bay
-no ac

Questions:
-how does a scratch leave a dealership? did they discount it?
-when it was stored, was it climate controlled?
-what is the mileage?

Without knowing more about the rig with the questions above, I'd put a value of $8-15k; could change depending on any answers and more pics above.

Good luck with the sale.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts