Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

auxiliary reverse light wiring

I posted this on another forum and haven't received much of a response sooo...

I want to wire up some reverse lights but have a few questions...

On my last truck (97 f250hd) I had a backrack with a pair of halogen lights mounted to it. I had them wired up with a relay and a spdt switch in the cab. For the reverse light signal I tapped into the trailer reverse light wire as it excited the relay box under the hood. So that I would only have to run one wire to the backrack and not have to run it from the back of the truck.

I want to do the same thing on my new 07 f350, but I need to know where to pick up my reverse light signal. Is there a relay box under the hood on this truck? And which wire, on which relay do I need to tap into?

I could tap into the trailer plug or the reverse light wiring, but that would require me running a wire from the back of the truck to the engine compartment where the relay will be mounted. which is stupid. the wires at the back of the truck start in the front somewhere.

Thanks in advance!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Gimme a bit and I will go and look at my 05, which I believe has the same wiring layout.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I just called a buddy with an 07 and he said he has a relay box in the same place as mine 05, so I am assuming that they would be the same.
The upfitter switches were the same for 07 as 05.

20151024_131414.jpg

20151024_131421.jpg

20151024_131559.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
No problem!...I thought I had an actual diagram but it was for my big truck..in any case, hope it helps!

You might want to consider the upfitter switches if you don't have them, they are handy and have all the relays built in.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts