Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

CJ4 vs CI4+ Rated Diesel Motor Oil

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
With the new requirement for ULSD diesel and the new diesel motors that use particulate filters, there is a new motor oil that is MANDATED for them.

Older motors, like the 6.0L PSD can use the old (CI4+) or the newer CJ4 motor oil and the new diesel motor like the 6.4L PSD must use only the CJ4 oil.

The CJ4 oil (I am waiting for a synthetic version of this API rating) is too have better all around better soot contoling ability, better anti-shear abilities and more.

Here are several attachments showing the graphical differences or writeen improvements between the CI4+ and CJ4 oil specs.

Attachments

• CJ4 versus CI4+ Oil.jpg
  • CJ4 Improvements.jpg
  • Lubrizol - CJ Oil Comparison.jpg
  • API Diesel Oil Differences.jpg

blacksnapon

Staff member
Information like this is always important. At one time or another, everyone will be looking for specifications, and if there wasnt folks like you, it would be more difficult to obtain it.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
dont egg him on vince lol

Boy... if your going to be mean... I know another site that will take you....

I am forcing myself to visit here instead of that other site, but I have been a member there for 3-1/2 years and I have been use to it and found it informative... but I do sort of support the underdogs and I got banned last year for a stupid reason and I have grown tired of the ADMIN's "heavy-hand" at times... but it had become addictive... but hopefully this site can break my addiction????

Time will tell... and I was trying to post threads of info I found informative and that new users visting here may like and feel like joining.

Last edited by a moderator:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
well its good to have ya beach. i was just ruffling the feathers.
Bowtie- That last post was a demo of truely ruffling feathers!!

BTW- THAT post was only a demo Beach. Calm down. Breathe. In/Out. In/Out. :rofl:

I was trying to post threads of info I found informative and that new users visting here may like and feel like joining.
I appreciate the info, BBC... I have been trying to do the same.
The more "quality" info available and posted in here will ultimately increase traffic to the site, as search engines like GOOGLE use relative terms in the bodies of the pages instead of the meta tags. That is why, also, I tend to NOT use the abbreviations, but try to use common names: FORD instead of FMC, AutoZone instead of AZ... Hey, every little bit helps!

Ford Truck Articles