Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

April MO Chapter Check In

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
took advantage of the nice day today but now I'm beat. Got a little run in this morning, the family and I went to a park near by and did a bike ride, and then came home and cut the grass.

Cutting Grass.

took advantage of the nice day today but now I'm beat. Got a little run in this morning, the family and I went to a park near by and did a bike ride, and then came home and cut the grass.

Hello and good evening slmann!

Ah to be able to cut grass again! The current forecast is a 50% chance of SNOW on Monday? Now wait a minute here!

Sweet Jesus and to think that Winter is over; wait 10 minutes.......

Take care and Godspeed!

Boon

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Yeah it was a scorcher yesterday, we hit 82*.

I got the lawn mowed & fertilized, with a rain chaser all day today to dissolve in all that goodness into the dirt. I did some trim painting on the shed, need to do the siding next.

Maybe I'll wander up to home depot and see if they have any mis tint exterior paint discounted so I don't have to decide on a color.

Ryan

Good Workbench.

Hello and good afternoon "Mighty MO" members. I like the sound of it.

I picked up a Lawyer's Desk yesterday that is from the early 1900's that took 4 of us to load into my truck.

It has 2 Trapozoidal Legs that easily weigh over 50 pounds each and needs some woodworking but working with has always been a hobby of mine.

It will make an excellent workbench and it is strong enough (solid wood) to mount a Bench Vise and a 6" Grinder on.

It is a great find for only $40 and will be well used.

Otherwise I have been cleaning up the old Bachelor Pad!

Boon

Last edited:
Snow

sounds like a cool find.

Hello and good morning slmann!

How are you and what do you have "on the plate" today? It actually SNOWED here in Boonville for about 3 hours and was falling at approximately 1/2" an hour but did not stick.

Snow on April 14th my goodness this is BLOODY SPRING! Someone needs to speak with Mother Nature!

The grass is already growing rapidly and now we all can get some serious outdoor work done especially our Forum Brothers and Sisters who do not have a garage!

I myself need to hit the boneyards for some parts but with the snow and rain yesterday they will be a mess and I will have to wait a bit.

Take care and enjoy this beautiful day as we never know if it will be our last!

Boon

Postscript: The table is awesome and has 2 drawers and weighs in excess of 200 pounds! This is the first time that I have ever had a garage to work on vehicles in 45 years. I am 60 now.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
awesome day out today. planted a couple peach trees, we'll see what happens figure it will be next year before we see anything. squirrels will probably get to them before we do.

Joining the "Mighty Mo" Chapter.

always good to have another MO member on the site.

did you join the Missouri Chapter yet?

I will join after this reply my friend.

I like the sound of "Mighty Mo" for our Chapter. Nice ring to it; agreed?

I did get to tour the USS Missouri while living in Long Beach, California back in the 80's I believe but it was whenever they Decomissioned Her on the way to San Diego and I do not know where She is now. Does anyone know where the USS Missouri is permanently?

Boon

An Official Member!

that's great Ryan. good luck and congrats.

Hello and good morning Ryan!

As you will note I am now an Official Member! No applause please. Ha ha!

Regarding my PM to you regarding the ******. Come on down to Boonville and we can take my truck to Fortuna on Saturday, May 10 to the ******.

I am desperately trying to get some $$$$$ to bid.

Boon
[email protected]
(573) 645-9051

Postscript: I do not mind who calls or e-mails me as long as they are not from Dodge or Chevrolet! Ha ha! However, Toyota or Honda is alright. LOL

blacksnapon

Staff member
I will join after this reply my friend.

I like the sound of "Mighty Mo" for our Chapter. Nice ring to it; agreed?

I did get to tour the USS Missouri while living in Long Beach, California back in the 80's I believe but it was whenever they Decomissioned Her on the way to San Diego and I do not know where She is now. Does anyone know where the USS Missouri is permanently?

Boon
USS Missouri is docked in Hawaii

USS Missouri is docked in Hawaii

Hello and good afternoon.

Thank you for the intel. I will have to search it up and see when it went through Long Beach as LB was quite a Navy Town back in the old days. What am I saying, I am from the old days! Born in 1953 in Oskaloosa, Iowa but, unfortunately transplanted to the West Coast in 1954-55!

I would have preferred to have been raised back here and then made my OWN choice.

Oh well; ho hum.

Boon

Postscript: OOOps! I suppose I should have followed the quote in my signature. Ignorance, nothing more.

Ford Truck Articles