Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Another Harley Edition Exclusive

The Harley-Davidson edition Superduty has many "unique" features and after 5 years of ownership, I just learned of another.

I discovered I had a slow leak on my left rear tire last Sunday so I took it to Sam's Club to get it fixed. Well, they diagnosed it as the metal valve stem leaking and showed me same. They then told me that they don't have or use that type of valve stem and that I'd have to take it somewhere else. So, yesterday I took it to a very reputable full service tire store. The owner came to me and explained that my valve stems are unique and asked where I got the wheels. When I told him they were factory, he said I would probably have to go to the dealer. What do you bet that's not a stock item...:suspicious:

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Hey Brad,I hate to mention this,but do y'all have any shops that specialize in aftermarket rims?Like of the 22" Dubs variety?They might have somethin for ya.

Whelp, I called the parts department at the Ford dealership and told my story. He sounded skeptical that there was anything unique about the valve stems.....until he took a look in the parts book. He said, "by golly it does show a different number than our typical valve stem, but you're not going to believe this, before I can go any further I need your VIN".... I asked, "for valve stems???" He chuckled and said, "yes sir".

Anyway, they'll be here Tuesday and retail for 6.05 each....I ordered two.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Whelp, I called the parts department at the Ford dealership and told my story. He sounded skeptical that there was anything unique about the valve stems.....until he took a look in the parts book. He said, "by golly it does show a different number than our typical valve stem, but you're not going to believe this, before I can go any further I need your VIN".... I asked, "for valve stems???" He chuckled and said, "yes sir".

what? they have to have a Vin for valve stems??? OMG!!

blacksnapon

Staff member

Thats exclusive to the Harley trucks. I had to replace an inner door handle on one, and I needed the vin for that.

blacksnapon

Staff member
so basically if someone buys used Harley wheels and they need a valve stem replaced their screwed?
At $1,086 each, how many of them are you going to buy? Even at wholesale, why buy the Harley wheels when the aftermarket would be a better value. And yes, thats retail.

blacksnapon

Staff member
well like of someone pulls them off a wrecked truck or are selling theirs off their truck for some aftermarket bling... you can get out way cheaper.
I guess it would be possible to find someone that doesn't know what they are worth, but salvage yards even would want 50%.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
First I heard of needing a VIN for valve stems. LOL

Ford Truck Articles