Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Paint ideas

Which color

• Total voters

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Well, I started messing around with what color I want to paint the '86.

I started out with the khaki color in a totally flat tone.

While looking this past Friday I came across two colors that caught my attention.

So here's the photo, I'll keep the colors to myself until after everybody's said their piece.

hood-1.jpg

Fellro

Staff member
If it's gotta be yellow, make it worth it, the left...

I always thought BRIAN was very opinionated about colors, but even I gotta say, I really prefer the left to the JB HUNT-BABYPOOP BROWN lol

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
They're both a gloss, just the fact of the light isn't hitting the hood square and that it's a camera phone photo.

BTW, Brian has the colors spot on.

They're both a gloss, just the fact of the light isn't hitting the hood square and that it's a camera phone photo.

BTW, Brian has the colors spot on.

I am in shock. confused

What is the purpose of the truck? Is it for off-road or daily driver or?????

I think I would prefer the CAT color. The school bus is not a color I have ever liked...Gee I wonder why. :rofl:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Its going to be an off-road recovery rig, lockers in both axles, 15/20ton PTO winches on the ends, 1/4" custom built bumpers w/recovery points, only going to need 4" of lift with my setup, something along the lines of either boggers or ag tires for extreme cases (probably Goodyear's or Parnelli Jones for not so extreme stuff), lights to illuminate even the darkest of nights....

high visibility will be key in your situation, should YOU wind up needing assistance as well.... Cat it is.

Ford Truck Articles