Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Not so PSD

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
seeing as most folks here have nice new SD PSDs I thought i'd share my not so PSD.

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

So its not quite so purdy but it gets the job done.... as soon as there's a new clutch put in.confused

Any body else have an older oil burner to show off?:nana:

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
It needs a new bed, the current one is falling apart at the seams; I can't close the gate w/o a strap between the two sides.

When I do get it painted it will most likely be this color combo.

DadPSD.jpg

Fellro

Staff member

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
What size is that goose neck and how well does that truck pull it? Reason I ask is because that is the primary reason I'm getting this thing running again, need a puller and my 5.0d F-150 just isn't going to cut it.

Fellro

Staff member
That goose is my father in law's 24', when I pulled it, I was running the stock setup completely, hadn't done a thing, and it did it ok, but was poochy. Now I run a 34' deck 2 car hauler, and while it doesn't set any speed records, it will do the job.Heaviest I have scaled with scrap hauling was 24,500, which floored me I was that heavy. I knew I had a load, but that was a bit much. It did it, pulled me down to 45 on some of the harder grades, but nothing like the mountains you have around there. Now when I had it out east to New York and Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia, it got more challenging pulling my sister's 5-horse trailer with living quarters. With the critters and all on, total weight was at 20,000. With 7 mile long 7% grades, it got me down to 30 at the worst, did that twice, the rest of the time, I held at 40-45. It also depends on your diff gears, I have 4.10's and a 4 speed. I can guarantee though it will outpull the 5.0... Mine gets right with it when you step into it. May not run down any 460's, but it will get going pretty good.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
seeing as most folks here have nice new SD PSDs I thought i'd share my not so PSD.

side1.jpg

side2.jpg

So its not quite so purdy but it gets the job done.... as soon as there's a new clutch put in.confused

Any body else have an older oil burner to show off?:nana:

Someday my truck will look like that :D Man that ain't a truck, thats a WAR WAGON. Thats what I bought mine for, to work it hard. There ain't nothing wrong with the looks of that truck man. That truck has TUDE :D

Gunner

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Last edited:

Fellro

Staff member
You'll have to let me know how the ZF swap goes, but it may be a while before I can dish out that kind of cash...

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
The ZF was given to me by a mechanic of mine, its missing the shifter and doesn't stay in R, he said its about $120 for the gear and fork and it'll be good to go.

Ford Truck Articles