Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

To Quite

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've been a terrible chapter leader. I think most of the active NC member we had have either moved or sold their rigs.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to hear Tony, and great to have you back.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
BTW...I call dibs on your truck when you're done with it.

oh yea will parts off a 351M work on a 400?If I remember right they will but wanted to make sure.Talking about intake,headers and so on.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Yep...all the same but the crank and pistons.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Ben.Do you have any idea what my 77 would weigh?Do you run reg tags or weighted tags on yours?

If I had to fancy a guess...I'd say around 5k. Since Red mostly sits, I have standard plates.

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
As long as your not using it commercially, you should be ok with the standard plates. I used mine primarily for work, usually grossing 7k+ so I had to use the weighted plates...

I am still active in the NC chapter, and still have my Ford. I just don't live in NC anymore... :headbang:

Hay Ben did you every get a set of headers for red I think.What you been up too?Me been working on my truck.First I changer the oil pan and put a new oil pump,installed new rear main seal,new fuel pump,new timing setand new valve cover gaskets.Doing some welding and fiberglass on the bed.I got a line on a good grill and talked to a guy yesterday that he said he has a good door and headliner for $50 so waiting on pics.Sorry about talking so much.LOL

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good to see ya posting again Tony. I think I was looking for a set of headers for the Bronco. I've been looking used...dunno if I'm too cheap or others think their stuff is gold because I still don't have a set. The exhaust leak is getting worse, and the manifold is cracked...so I'm sure my hand will be forced soon.

Sounds like you're getting a good bit of work done on the truck. And I'm still serious, if you look to sell that rig, if it just becomes too much of a project...or you don't like $4 gas...let me know.

I found a set with the gasket and collector for $75 and found the grill with one bad insert for $25.And i have the good insert on my grill.Next thing I want to change on my moter in the intake to a alum and I have a holley to put on it.Then I should get alittle better gas mileage.

Ford Truck Articles