Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anybody close to this truck...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I'm really hoping to nab the bed. I've called the guy a few times and get an answering machine each time, and no call backs. I'm really just interested in the bed, but if the whole truck has to go, I'd be willing to negotiate. So my question is, is there anyone close to this truck to #1 check it out, #2 get in contact with the guy to see if he'll just sell the bed and/or #3 see what kinda offer the guy is looking for for the whole truck.

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/cto/2525401407.html

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks to be about 60 miles south of me, I might be able to work something out (Pending me nabbing a fuel efficient ride for the scouting).

Called and left a message for him, too.

Last edited:

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
$500 bottom dollar for the bed only, $750 bottom dollar for the whole truck.

My suggestion: buy the truck and part/scrap it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^Dang...not budging much, huh? Wonder how you got a call back. $500 for the bed might not be worth it...but tack on the 'want premium' and it's not too bad. I wonder if he could be talked down with cash in hand.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
He is waffling between selling or fixing it for his nephew... that might have something to do with it. Considering the drive, id shell 400 for the bed. But that extra hundred can make or break it.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
What do you want to do with that bed?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hmmmmm...there is still potential with that truck...even if I bought the whole thing, the interior and engine might still be salvageable. Sell those items for a couple hundred, scrap the rest for a couple hundred and I'm only in the hole a couple hundred. However, the toughest part will be getting another rig in the driveway passed the warden.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What do you want to do with that bed?

However ironic it is, I've never liked flaresides...except for longbed flaresides. This makes #5 that I've ever actually seen...and the others that I've seen for sale have all been $800-1500. So, I'd want the bed for a future project, a way far off distant project, because I don't even have the time to get the rigs I do have on the road. Perhaps a 59 250 4x4 project, maybe a 79 350 4x4 project...or maybe I stumble across a dentside that just needs a bed. No real rationale here, other than I want it.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
That is acceptable.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
If it was me I'd just pretend I never saw the ad and keep the mOney in the bank :wasntme:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^I know I know...but I don't wanna.

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Ben, thats a gen 5.... Just sayin. :)

Also, my want premium says i would fork over the cash for that truck... BUT.

I wont let my self for various reasons. Im trying to cut back on projects at the moment and leave my self with one or 2 tops. :)

Ben. Its quite a haul for you. But same as you, i have only seen a very select few of those beds...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Ben, thats a gen 5.... Just sayin. :)

Also, my want premium says i would fork over the cash for that truck... BUT.

I wont let my self for various reasons. Im trying to cut back on projects at the moment and leave my self with one or 2 tops. :)

Ben. Its quite a haul for you. But same as you, i have only seen a very select few of those beds...

Yeah...I know it's a gen 5...but the bed is the same. And then I figured the rest could get parted out to you low life gen 5'ers...haha. And I agree...I do think it's a good deal, but like you...I gotta know when enough is enough. As is I have a shed full of parts, and 4 rigs in the driveway...3 of which aren't road worthy...what's the saying 'when you have the money you don't have the time, and when you have the time you don't have the money'.

73FordF100

Georgia Chapter member
Georgia
Man I really wish I could help you, but I have no gas money (I'm about 25-30 miles away from there). Right now I'm driving my brother's Toyota 4runner to school and back :( and sadly my parents are paying for gas because I haven't found a job YET (there are none). My parents said I should drive the Toyota since it's much better on gas than my truck. Sorry I can't help.

Good luck Ben, those are getting rarer every day. Personally, I don't care for stepsides and REALLY don't like the long beds, but there's no accounting for taste. I'd say if you really want it you better jump, you may never find another. I've got a 66 Galaxie 500 (2 door hardtop) just for that reason. You don't see them anymore...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Good luck Ben, those are getting rarer every day. Personally, I don't care for stepsides and REALLY don't like the long beds, but there's no accounting for taste. I'd say if you really want it you better jump, you may never find another. I've got a 66 Galaxie 500 (2 door hardtop) just for that reason. You don't see them anymore...

Still can't get the guy to call me back. When the time is right, it'll be right...it'll be there when I need it.

As for the Galaxie...been looking at Fairlanes for about a year now, and you're right, I've found a handful in my area, but the prices their commanding is ridiculous. I look at some of these cars expecting to get in to a sub-$2500 project car, which is exactly what I'm looking for...but these guys are asking 6-7g's for the car...nothing special about them either. And these same cars are sitting and will sit and rot away.

Yep, I've had this Galaxie for over 20 years, eventually will get to restoring it. I've always loved the 66/67 Fairlanes, but can't find them at all. This Galaxie I have is an S code 390 car, and I've got all the origional parts (I drove it up until 10 years ago). I want to change it to a bucket seat/console car, but just finding those parts is super hard, let alone being able to afford them. Last I knew, NOS upholstery for the split bench in it was around $1100, I'm sure I couldn't even find it now. That's what got me into Mustangs, I did a full interior for just over $400 (been 7 or 8 years ago now), which included head liner, upholtery, carpet, sunvisors, and door panels. Quite a difference. And Mustang coupes are a lot easier to find, although they are getting harder too. If I'd have only known 20 years ago, I'd have a pile of them... of course, now I have a pile of 80's models stuff.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts