Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Can somebody ID these motor mounts?

I run with scissors.

These are some 460 swap mounts that were in my 77.5 F250 4x4. They bolt to a steel plate that bolts to the block. Does anyone know what brand they are?

IMAG0180.jpg

IMAG0181.jpg

I run with scissors.

Ok, I happened to stumble onto something... these appear to be stock 351M/400 mounts that bolt to the 460 adapter plates and I can buy stock replacements locally for about $20 a pair.

I just got here

Yes they are 351M/400 but I have never heard of a motor mount kit to adapt the two types

460 mounts are 3 pc's and use long bolts to secure

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
These are some 460 swap mounts that were in my 77.5 F250 4x4. They bolt to a steel plate that bolts to the block. Does anyone know what brand they are?

IMAG0181.jpg
These steel plates appear to be: D3TZ-6030-A Right & D3TZ-6031-A left. Original applications: 1973/79 F100/350 460.

These plates bolt to the block, the rubber insulators bolt to these, then to the supports.

The R/L rubber insulators could be D3TZ-6038-A = 1973/79 F100/350 460 (I cannot recall what these insulators look like in person).

If genuine Ford, there will be Ford ID engineering numbers moulded into the insulators. Like these examples: D3TE-6038-AA or D7TE-6038-AA

460 not available with 4WD or with a manual trans until 1983 and then only in F350's. 460 not available after 1979 in F100/150's.

Since 460 4WD's were not available in 1973/79's, peeps either modify the 351M/400 4WD supports (bolt to the inner frame rails) or buy a kit from L&L and etc to install the engine.

NOTE: 460 Passenger Car and Econoline engine supports (aka towers, stands, perches) and their rubber insulators will NOT work in 1973/79 F100/350's!

Last edited:
No they're not, those are NOT original Truck 460 mounts whatsoever.

The OEM 4460 mounts have ears on both the one mount to the frame mount and the block mount for cross-bolting everything together

shown here

FordEngineMounts-1.gif

I have removed 10 sets of motor mounts from 73-79 trucks and the ones shown by the OP are not anything like them

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I said they appear to be D3TZ-6030-A/D3TZ-6031-A. I did not say they were...for sure. I didn't look in the parts catalog, haven't seen any of these parts in person since the 1990's.

I run with scissors.
FWIW - What I have learned about my motor mounts... I knew they were a conversion mount to put a 460 in a late 70's 4x4 F-Series, but I thought the entire package was made of custom parts. It is actually a stock 351M/400 rubber mount that bolts to an adapter plate that appears to be cut from 5/16" or 3/8" steel. One bolt goes through the motor mount and adapter plate directly into the block, the other 2 motor mount bolts thread into the adapter plate. For future use, I can get some plates like this cut for around $20, and the motor mounts at the parts store are $20, so about $40 for some conversion mounts using a factory type part seems like a pretty deal.

FWIW - What I have learned about my motor mounts... I knew they were a conversion mount to put a 460 in a late 70's 4x4 F-Series, but I thought the entire package was made of custom parts. It is actually a stock 351M/400 rubber mount that bolts to an adapter plate that appears to be cut from 5/16" or 3/8" steel. One bolt goes through the motor mount and adapter plate directly into the block, the other 2 motor mount bolts thread into the adapter plate. For future use, I can get some plates like this cut for around $20, and the motor mounts at the parts store are $20, so about $40 for some conversion mounts using a factory type part seems like a pretty deal.

FWIW to you and anybody else that wants to save a little money on motor mount change over. You have exacting what you thought you had and they will work. I did install a 460 in my 79 bronco that way and ran it for 15 years with no problems. When i sold the bronco last year i put a 400 back in it a saved the mounts. I have told a lot a guys about how to do that though the years and most of them ended up spending the big bucks for custom mounts rather than build their own. Good luck,JIM :wavey:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts