Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

my new toy/project

Lets split the difference, you give me half your cold weather, I'll give you half our hot. 90's all week with 50%+ humidity. If you make it without sweating to death, the mosquitos will finish you off. :)

I moved some of my pictures around in photobucket, and now I can't go back into my posts to fix the links, is there a way to do it that I'm not seeing??

Anyway, got the rear DONE. Took my new drums, gave them a thinner bath and recoated them with High temp ceramic paint. Should last a little while. Now to get on the frame so I can get it back together.

a538f500.jpg

50a2e600.jpg

d09211e7.jpg

So plans have changed a little. Instead of keeping the 351m, fixing all the rust and not having a/c I am going to go all out by swapping a 460 A/C and the body from this:
533d7c6b.jpg

78 2wd Scab trailer special. 460 with auto trans, dual tanks, tool box in bed, lariat interior, minor rust compared to my 4x4. Already got the bed off and rear tank so I can clean up and coat the bottom. Cost me $800. :)

aed2964c.jpg

0a7fa0b0.jpg

d633bf8e.jpg

bf086c17.jpg

db5fce1e.jpg

94785e88.jpg

594f2443.jpg

Last edited:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^That's a pretty good truck for 800 bones. Sounds like the swap will be the easiest thing to do for sure.

yeah, having this truck is gonna save me soooooo much work, plus I get all the extras that I wanted to get later like the toolbox/460/ac. Just having a good bed made it worth the whole trip (drove down to Wichita to get her). Now if I could just get my happy ***** motivated to get some more work done. :p

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts