Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
my POS

day I brought it home

l_7c548cebf2956d1b94c9c7776809e859.jpg

new body, trans, one ton swap, two bed liner paint jobs later...(and many other things)

l_e015e1321986c2d2ed4de9dbacd97211.jpg

l_2ca16f70985bcf0aebc061387d5558a7.jpg

has the doors and top on for the winter. Currently working on getting the 460 parts together for it.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks Ben...now you just need to add it to your collection YelloThumbUp

Maybe if you keep it long enough...and I can gather together enough funds...I would surely love to have it.

dentside....I'm with Buck,that thing does sound sweet!! What kind of cam do you have in that 351?

It's a hyd. roller comp cam which was the closest thing they offered to stock. Comp cams makes good stuff in my opinion, so I decided to go with their product. It is a very mild cam and it really did not do much in the way of performance. It does give it a decent sound though ;)

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Flat, nice work on the truck. Very nice paint scheme. I really like the look of the ol school wheels and the combination of the topper and pushgaurd.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Here is my truck, Dad bought this new after seeing it in a Labor Day Parade in September 76. He bought it from Henry Woodfield Ford,He sold it in 85 and after all that time I was looking for a truck like Dad had in 77. I was at a car show in 2007 with my 72 mustang and I saw the truck there. After calling the number on the for sale sign, I realized that this truck was actually my dad's 77.

Paul...that's an awesome story behind the truck. As I always say, you don't pick the truck...the truck picks you.

Then you'd really need a bigger garage.

I think I'd just build another garage for it. You think Mom would mind if I flattened her gazeebo, it's the perfect slab of concrete to build another garage on...haha.

Other Paul...I would looooooooove to do that to my Bronco some day...but keep the body and it's panels in tact...build a cage and have at it.

Last edited:

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Flat, nice work on the truck. Very nice paint scheme. I really like the look of the ol school wheels and the combination of the topper and pushgaurd.

I couldn't picture it any other way, It's as close to original as I could get it, The truck originally came with the topper and dad added the pushguard and the wheels in 1979. 163,000 miles and still running strong. I drive this everyday.

flathead95hp

Always a Ford Guy
Paul...that's an awesome story behind the truck. As I always say, you don't pick the truck...the truck picks you.

Thanks Ben, After I bought the truck, I sold the mustang. I liked the car but there is just something about that old Ford truck. It broke my heart when Dad sold it and bought a Dodge Ram. He told me that he wish he never sold it to begin with but was glad that I bought it back.

I

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
Other Paul...I would looooooooove to do that to my Bronco some day...but keep the body and it's panels in tact...build a cage and have at it.

Sole purpose for buying it was to beat the crap out of it, no better base to start with than a 70's Ford. The cage came from S&W racecars and is pretty reasonably priced (around 3-400 IIRC). I keep saying I'm going to be finished modifying after one more thing and it never ends. Right now on my list is 460, 40"+ tires, gears, interior needs a major reworking, extending radius arms, doing a rear radius arm setup.. and on and on. Ah, my poor wallet.

2HI2CU

North Carolina Chapter member
NC
Thanks Ben, After I bought the truck, I sold the mustang. I liked the car but there is just something about that old Ford truck. It broke my heart when Dad sold it and bought a Dodge Ram. He told me that he wish he never sold it to begin with but was glad that I bought it back.

Paul you really have done a great job with your truck,and it is a great story with it as well!!

Yeah I really like the Comp line up,that's what I went with in my big block SS only it's nowhere near stock.

Yes it does!!

I'm putting a set of comp custom ground cams on my '06 Mustang GT in April. I hope to p/u about 45rwhp+ top end in conjunction with charge motion delete plates. Hopefully I'll be at around 360rwhp and 370rwtq with my other upgrades. Your SS sound pretty mean. It cost a ton to do anything to a modular engine like mine but your push rod chevy is much cheaper to build up and I bet it is a torque monster :)

havi

third member
I know it pales in comparison, but here's my 79 Bronco Ranger XLT with 300 6/C6/NP203 plow truck.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
i see okie tags , AHAH

Yup LOL. Everyone asks about it. I'm from NJ but my fiance is from Oklahoma. It is just a farm truck tag I got off Ebay.

DSC00679.jpg

Bucket seats, 4 wheel discs...next on the list is a d60 and 5.13's but not this year.

Engine is posted in other thread but ill whore it out. 410ci, 9.7:1, CHI 2v Heads, Edelbrock Intake and Edelbrock 4 hole 1" Phenolic Spacer, 725 cfm Road Demon, Roller 219/222 @.050 .535 lift 108 lsa, Comp Stainless Roller Rockers, Bee-Hive Valve Springs, Dual Roller Timing Chain, ARP rod bolts, head studs, chrome moly oil pump shaft, MSD Pro Billet, Hedman ceramic coated fenderwell exit headers, Milodon race Pan, HV oil pump and Milodon HV Water Pump.

Omg that truck is gorgious:drop:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts