Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Well This Really, Rrrrreally SUCKS!!!

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Well here is the deal, my paint is good on the majority of the truck but the hood is peeling pretty badly. There is a guy who works where I work who is a wizard at paint work who does it crazy cheap (Minus prep I think), if I go through him I think I will get it all painted up in BRight Regatta Blue Met. (Current Blue) and a true white like Oxford White so the white will matches the top. If he can't do it for whatever reason I will just have the hood painted at Suntrup Ford or another local body place that has been recommend to me. If the quotes are close enough and Brad's truck turns up well I think I'll bhe going with Suntrup if I'm going the hood only route.

I hear ya...as for painting one section, I personally have a couple qualms with that. First of all, chances are, if one place is thin/weak...chances are all places are thin (which has already been established paint from that era didn't hold up too well). I'd rather do it all at once, properly, than keep having to do other sections. Secondly, it's 20 year old paint, I don't really care how good of a paint guy you have, I'd put money on the fact there's no way in hell it'll match. But that's just me.

Or take your rig apart, buy a new DD, look at your rig in pieces for a couple of months, finally get around to paiting it yourself, sell one of the two vehicles, buy a dentside. smilieFordlogo

If the answer ends with a dentside, I don't see how it could ever be wrong.

All that ford a bad paint on the hood? :p

Freudian slip??????

I hear ya...as for painting one section, I personally have a couple qualms with that. First of all, chances are, if one place is thin/weak...chances are all places are thin (which has already been established paint from that era didn't hold up too well). I'd rather do it all at once, properly, than keep having to do other sections. Secondly, it's 20 year old paint, I don't really care how good of a paint guy you have, I'd put money on the fact there's no way in hell it'll match. But that's just me.

Freudian slip??????

Hopefully I can get the guy to do it as I said. If I can't I'd get the price on a full paint job. My dad said that he paint was for my birthday so it all depends on what he wants to pay.

It's in resemblance of you stirring it up on FTF! Trying to convince Taylor to take his Bronco apart...:rotz:
Or take your rig apart, buy a new DD, look at your rig in pieces for a couple of months, finally get around to paiting it yourself, sell one of the two vehicles, buy a dentside.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
It's in resemblance of you stirring it up on FTF! Trying to convince Taylor to take his Bronco apart...:rotz:

I leave the pot stirring to Cliff smilieFordlogo But I can add in every now and then 'smiliepig3'

Ford Truck Articles