Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

99 diesel wait to start light not on and does not start

Hi every one I hope some one here can help.

History
99 PSD new glow plugs and associated wiring & relay replaced last year.
2 Delco 1000 CCA batteries 2 years old.
Diesel additive added on last fill up.

Rig has been starting up and running just fine even in some -0 degree weather.
I get home tonight it is 25 degrees out side and go to start it to plow 10 inches new snow from my 1000 foot driveway and it won't start!:hammer:

The wait to start light does not come on at all and there use to be a slight humming sound like a small pump running that would last for about 30 seconds or so and then cycle off but I don't hear that sound when I turn on the key any more. Motor cranks over fine

My starting sequence in cold weather is I always wait for the "Wait to start light" to cycle off and for that hum to cycle off and then maybe another 15 seconds o so to pass before trying to start her up.

Tried waiting a full 1.5 minutes before starting to cycle glow plugs fully but it did not help.

Someone have an answer for me on this ???

I live over 50 miles from any type of town with a repair shop and do not have access to any type of code reader nor the knowledge to know what the code would mean if there was one.

Check fuses. IF fuel heater shorts out wait to start light wont come on and glow plugs wont get juice

You can unplug the fuel heater and put a new fuse in and everything should work just fine

Ford Truck Articles