Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My Dad bought a new f650!

Zuma

California Chapter member
It's a dump truck for his biz with a 5-7yard box. it has the 6.7 Cummings and an Alison 2500 transmission. I'm bummed that it doesn't have air brakes but the hydraulic ones feel very significant. it seems like it will beat the pants off of our c4500 although it is faster than the f650 but I only do 60 max. Also the thing that amazed me the most was that although it had hydraulic brakes the parking brake was the yellow diamond button like an air brake truck! Hopefully we will get it soon and I can gets pics of it and comparison shots of the GM one it's going to work with.

that should be a good truck. be sure to let get a good run at highway speeds when its warm up for 15-30 minutes to get a passive regen going. doing this every other drive cycle if you only drive it around town will save you from having to do a "parked" regen most of the time.

Zuma

that should be a good truck. be sure to let get a good run at highway speeds when its warm up for 15-30 minutes to get a passive regen going. doing this every other drive cycle if you only drive it around town will save you from having to do a "parked" regen most of the time.
I don't think that will be an issue,We live here and work is there so we all gotta drive at least a half hour just to get to work.It will be interesting since I have never driven something that requires DEF until now.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Very cool, I had an F750 for 10 years and was very happy with it....I'm sure you will be happy with yours!

I don't think that will be an issue,We live here and work is there so we all gotta drive at least a half hour just to get to work.It will be interesting since I have never driven something that requires DEF until now.

just dont run the tank out and be as clean as possible when filling the tank. try not to let dirt and other junk in the tank and it will will do fine. also if your using a battery disconnect wait 90+ secs before turning it off after you turn the key off. this will alow the DEF pump to finish it purge cycle, so the pump dry and wont freeze.

Last edited:
i only say that because over 50% of the issues i dealt with fixing cummins SCR systems could be traced back to those issues.

Zuma

i only say that because over 50% of the issues i dealt with fixing cummins SCR systems could be traced back to those issues.
Whoa! I had no idea I had replies! Anyways I will be careful with the def and be sure to keep the jugs clean and wipe them off before I use them. Also a bit off topic but do you have pics of that Buick of yours? I'm assuming it has the Oldsmobile diesel and those I find especially fascinating for reasons you and most probably know why.

i do i will make a post in the general section.

Ford Truck Articles