Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1950 ford f2 build thread

black_devil

babble babble
I am starting a build thread since I'm restoring a 1950 ford F2. Build code MKC11G129.
upa5yja9.jpg
asyty5at.jpg
9e7eseqe.jpg
tutybuzu.jpg

that thing in my poket

Last edited:

black_devil

babble babble
Pulled the eng and trans out took about 2 hrs and help now just gotta put it on the stand and it didn't take to much was really suprised

that thing in my poket

Last edited:

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
Nice project, and from the pictures seems fairly clean as well! what are the plans for this? are you keeping it all original?

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
If you take the heads off - use care on the head bolts. They snap off all too easy and you're left with a problem.

It's best to use an air impact wrench on them. It puts torque on all sides evenly. Bolts usually break when the load is off-center.

Good luck and take your time.

Last edited:

black_devil

babble babble
Started undercoating the inner fenders and the fender supports its nice to see some things getting fresh paint and protection.

that thing in my poket

Last edited:

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
The gasket is probably too brittle to remove - I just take a sharp wood chisel and lay it flat on the glass and push it around the perimeter. The windshield has four clips that fold over to hold it in place.

Front window installs/removes from the outside. Rear window installs/removes from the inside.

New gaskets are available from several vendors.

Clean and paint the body around the opening to smooth things and let the gasket slide better. Lube them really good with dish soap and use a spray water bottle as you pull on the strings - as outlined in the shop manual. Don't hurry. I broke a couple that way.

black_devil

babble babble
Got a little done. The windshield came out thanks to the help and advise plus I got the dash cluster off eBay and got it apart and painted to match the future colors of the truck. I like it just got to get the putter trim piece fixed and its done.

that thing in my poket

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles