Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ford Ranger Swap?? w/taurus sho engine? hmm...

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
hey guys... im getting an itch to build something like a Ranger or something..

well i had gotten a wierd thought of building an S10 with a Supercharged 3.8L V6 out of a Buick...

well then Brad brought up the thought of building a Ranger with a older Taurus SHO 3.4 yamaha engine in it.... would be cool...

what kind of Trans would i need to get to mount to the 3.4 for it to be RWD...

I'd like to see a running 92' F-150 personally...

:wasntme:

Anyway... I'm not familiar with the V-6 stuff, so I couldn't tell you what will match up as far as bell housings are concerned... Much more to it than that though. Computer controlled trannys, woohoo!

Last edited:
I'd like to see a running 92' F-150 personally...

:wasntme:

Anyway... I'm not familiar with the V-6 stuff, so I couldn't tell you what will match up as far as bell housings are concerned... Much more to it than that though. Computer controlled trannys, woohoo!

It's actually a 3.4L V8 the only problem I see is it costing more and being more complected than a 302 swap and delivering less performance. Oh, and what happened to the race car?

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
...And what happened to Ann's Mustang?

...And what happened to the top secret 351 plans?

...And then and then and then and then and then and then....

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You guys are brutal...but I'm with Taylor. It would definitely be unique though. Not to mention, I don't think you could do a project like that in Ann's kitchen...hahaha.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
It's actually a 3.4L V8 the only problem I see is it costing more and being more complected than a 302 swap and delivering less performance. Oh, and what happened to the race car?

the race car is still being in the planning stages...

and i dont want a 302... i wanna have a unique swap... and if its done right it can have plenty of power..

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
you are more confused than a chameleon in a box of skittles

you will never get anything done..

stick to 1 plan and finish that

i had about 100 plans but i stick to one i wanted to put a cummins in my truck lol but i sticked to the 302 plans

the cummins in a ford is my next plan :) becuase my first plan is completed :D

you are more confused than a chameleon in a box of skittles

you will never get anything done..

stick to 1 plan and finish that

i had about 100 plans but i stick to one i wanted to put a cummins in my truck lol but i sticked to the 302 plans

the cummins in a ford is my next plan :) becuase my first plan is completed :D

New sig..

gd10cl

Fellro

Staff member
The super 3.8 would be more realistic. Most likely, the SHO motors would be difficult to hookup to available transmissions in RWD format without a custom (expensive) adapter plate. I don't know as they kept them common bell to anything, since they couldn't even keep the brake calipers common... Another option is a turbo'd 4 banger... factory issue in T birds and some Mustangs..

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
no.. im gonna put some kind of V6 in it...

IM GOING FOR ORIGINALITY!!!!!!!

Hate to break it to ya, but I got a Ranger out in the driveway with a V6...rolled right out of the factory that way.

smilietease

Ford Truck Articles