Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Morning trip to work annoyance

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Truck doing this once on the way to work was bad enough. It doing it again not 100 yards down the road again is just outright infuriating. Especially when it made me late late for work.

75604034_2523017171085081_608152882188910592_n.jpg

1st time i figure was from the cold. Was 21 when i left for work. Which i always seem to blow the pipe off at the start of/first cold day of winter but after that im usually fine. But the 2nd time was a combo of things. The boot and pipe got coated in oil when it blew off as its still scavenging the residue out of the intercooler. Dad came to get the truck while i took off in moms car (dad brought it to trade with me on the side of the road) as i didnt trust the pipe not to blow off again when it blew off so quickly again.

When i got home i discovered an additional issue which is probably the other reason for the 2nd blow off.

77060818_2523714241015374_1614312502433153024_n.jpg

the nut for the clamp apparently had the threads ripped outta it.

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
Well it sounds like your on top of it. We had a discussion about your problem earlier today. Let us know if you have anymore questions

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To keep the oil out of your intake do a ccv reroute. Buy a new clamp, not just a new nut. When they blow they deform and usually never hold again.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
To keep the oil out of your intake do a ccv reroute. Buy a new clamp, not just a new nut. When they blow they deform and usually never hold again.

ccv is already rerouted... Routed through a Racor ccv 6000 filter...

i usually have this problem about once a year... and always usually the first day or so when the cold weather hits... either the tubes shrunk from the cold or the boot looses its sticky... normally after i put it back on its fine... but today it was like it just didnt want to go right... first time it seemed like the clamp tightened back up but may not have when the threads got ripped outta the nut...

after i got home i cleaned up the boots and the piping on that side... took it out tonight for a test run.. seemed like it was holding firm again... will see when i try to go to work again tomorrow morning... its supposed to get even colder tonight too... weather people saying its gonna be 17 when im supposed to leave...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
Well it sounds like your on top of it. We had a discussion about your problem earlier today. Let us know if you have anymore questions

i actually did with concerns to the hair spray "trick" im always hearing about... i pondered grabbing a can to use and spray the boots with.. but when i got to that isle i felt "lost"... what hair spray are people using?? felt like i was in enemy territory... like when wives ask their husbands to get them tampons or whatever....

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
I’ve never done the hair spray trick. When I have problem boots. I use silicone on the inside of the boot,not a lot just enough to make a bond without squeezing all over the place. And new clamps. FYI whatever squeezes out where you can see it also squeezed in when you can’t an you don’t want that schit in your engine

Blue-Truck-Nut97

crank polisher
i actually did with concerns to the hair spray "trick" im always hearing about... i pondered grabbing a can to use and spray the boots with.. but when i got to that isle i felt "lost"... what hair spray are people using?? felt like i was in enemy territory... like when wives ask their husbands to get them tampons or whatever....
Alas, one must at least know how to navigate enemy territory, lest one find himself hopelessly lost deep in hostile turf.

Shop by price, get in, grab the cheapest can you see. That's the sticky stuff.

I've never done the hairspray trick either, but the reasoning seems solid enough. I think I like Doc's method better.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

heavydoc

Instigator
Staff member
WNC
You could always hover around the hostile territory for a few hours and I am sure someone will be by to help you shortly[emoji1787][emoji1787]

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Depends on how your dressed...….

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month

:rolling laugh::rolling laugh:smilienothingFunnyto

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
76695179_2526537037399761_8452679299919511552_n.jpg

cruising on the highway its holding well... even when i nailed the throttle and the pressure shot up to 31psi they still held... so cleaning out the oil and replacing the stripped out nut seems to have done the trick...

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
usually, the unison ring in the turbo has the "slot" worn out

better not be on this one... its a completely brand fricken new turbo not a rebuild... turbo got replaced in april after it "melted" the turbine side down in the old one... (that threads floating around in here somewhere.. and even then the unison ring wasnt worn out but got locked to the casing from rust for some reason.. not sure how as it was my DD)

the higher pressures from the bigger turbo it has now... old turbo cruising was around 7-10 psi with the billet compressor wheel but when i nailed it could get it up to around 37 psi because of the billet wheel... the new turbo moves a higher volume of air... so cruising i see around 10-14 psi but WOT the highest ive seen so far is 31psi..

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
83792198_2716831278370335_5509123510850551808_n.jpg

Apparently my mustang felt left out of the "Trying to make me late to work" Game... because on my way to work this happened today...

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Better check the dates on the other 3....
It may try to make you late 3 more times.
They just dont make stuff like they used too, eh?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
I hear gorilla tape is pretty tough.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Ford Truck Articles