Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your 87-96 and 97 F250's and up

P1010042.jpg

FordF350Baby

95 F350 w/ 460
Maine
341140369.jpg

If you've still got the stock air intake setup with the intake snout that runs from the box to the driverside of the grill, KEEP IT! Open element filters, like the K&N Fuel Injection Performance Kit will hurt the performance of the truck. My truck had an open element filter when I bought it, so I swapped for a stock box (which pulls COLD outside air instead of HOT engine compartment air) and my performance was dramatically increased.

Also those K&N drop in filters DO flow more air but there is a cost... The increased air flow is due to the fact that the K&N filter allows bigger particles through, not so great for your engine right? If it's highly modified and you need to pull more CFM to keep your air/fuel ratio happy, an aftermarket filter with better flow is a good idea. But on a stock or not-overly modified engine, the paper Motorcraft filter is your best bet for filtration.

I also second the idea on the electric fan. I installed a Taurus fan and noticed immediate increase in performance and a bit of gas mileage improvement (not much).

Would there be any group of electric fans that are better than others? or should I just shop the junk yards for the largest that will fit the radiator? Is there that much gain because of removing the drag from the fan/clutch? I can ask around for a good swap. Thanks, Spiike

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Best fan to use is out of a Ford sedan with a 3.8L V6, they pull crazy volumes of air. The popular on is the Taurus fan because it's so easy to acquire, but I've heard the fans from Tbirds and Lincolns that have the 3.8L pull more air.

The taurus fan swap is an incredibly popular mod amongst offroaders and mustang drivers. I'm currently using a taurus fan in my truck.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Robert I remember that truck from the other site. Weren't you trying to sell it or something? I remember there being some kinda story there...

Robert I remember that truck from the other site. Weren't you trying to sell it or something? I remember there being some kinda story there...

He says he doesnt have it anymore... :p :wasntme:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Conner hang on-- I'll check back on that picture when I get out my 234728934 inch monitor!!!!!!

Scale it down there big guy :rofl:

radialarm

Clown of Death!
It'll fit mine soon. I just ordered a 24" Dell LCD a couple nights ago :)

*drool*

Ive been eying that 24" Samsung T240HD. Full 1080x1200 with a built in tuner to receive over the air digital 1080p programming. :D

Too bad I am poor... :p

Im using a 19in 1600x1200 CRT... :rolling laugh:

EDIT: If someone could scale it down for me that would be great, I dont even know how... :p

radialarm

Clown of Death!
Mine is a 22" Viewsonic. Check around because the warrentys are different some have a large bad pixil limit(4 to 6). When I bought mine Viewsonic was the best something like 2 pixils, but I bought mine at Fry's and got a 1 pixil garantee. That I turned out to need. You wouldn't think 1 pixil would bother you but it will, your eye goes right to it everytime.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yup-- I had a monitor a while back that had 1 dead pixel, drove me nuts.

This ones got a 3 year warranty, though I'm not sure about their pixel policy. Dell is usually pretty good with customer service so I should be fine.

thanks man,wish i wouldnt have had to gotten rid of her,but it was either drive my baby or feed my family so i tried to sell my wife and daughter,wich didnt work,so i had to sell my truck,but if you think it looked good there you should have seen it on the 17-40 hawgs on 3/4 ton runningear and a ho windsor. oh it was sweeeeeet and i miss it!!!!

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
Hey Conner, that's a nice lookin truck (Didn't wanna quote you, one pic is already enough...took me 3 minutes to load this page cause of it 'smiliecrazy' )

What all is done to it?

Just like Chris's, your truck is pretty clean...:rotz:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts