Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Piece of Ford History

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
When I bought my 1978 Ford in 2002, it still had the bright green "Valenti" stamp on the firewall, which was the stamp put on by the person doing the final inspection( I assume). Over the years, I have seen several of these stamps on trucks that came from the San Jose factory. I believe Duncan has the Valenti stamp on his truck also.

I started doing some research on this individual and discovered that Joe Valenti worked for Ford in the San Jose plant until the plant was shut down in 1983. I also found that he died just last month at age 81 in San Jose.

RIP, Joe. You produced some fine trucks.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow...that's mighty interesting. RIP Joe.

What kind of stamp ,an where on the fire wall will it be located?
Is it an embedded into the metal?

I'm in Cali ,so it might be possible my truck came from San jose
as well!....:cooldude:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
CB, it looks like the stamp was put on with a rubber stamp using green ink. It is not stamped into the metal. Mine is located on the firewall just to the left and above the brake booster.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
What kind of stamp ,an where on the fire wall will it be located?
Is it an embedded into the metal?

I'm in Cali, so it might be possible my truck came from San jose
as well!....:cooldude:

If the 5th digit of the VIN is: R = San Jose CA Assembly Plant.

Thnx ,for that info ,....

Although may not be for a specific handler ,I can see what plant my truck came from!...

Will look for a name ,didn't do much under my hood ,it maybe there!....:cooldude:

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
BTW...shared this in a couple of my groups...have several folks saying they have the Valenti stamp.

Ford Truck Articles