Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My new van v3

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Mine got recalled. :( Seatbelts don't meet safety standards. How the hell does that happen? :headbang:

Is it down until it gets fixed or can you keep using it until they replace the belts?

I saw the low profile version of one of these today in a parts house parking lot. The entire right side of the window was shattered, and there was a dent on the roofline right next to the windshield . Apparently he hit a turkey in midflight.......

Ouch, not good. Was the driver OK?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
What model did you buy Ernie?

blacksnapon

Staff member
The recall that I see is warning us to watch for aftermarket modifications that may have damaged the retractor (such as a divider wall)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The recall that I see is warning us to watch for aftermarket modifications that may have damaged the retractor (such as a divider wall)

Thanks for that Vince...I had one installed but I don't see any interference from it.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Took the Winter tires off today and put the factory ones on. Interesting to look at the amount of sipes on the Winter ones.

Guess the days of multileaf are over as well!

20160402_094141.jpg

20160402_094150.jpg

20160402_094204.jpg

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Is that one leaf or two? Is that an air bag in front of the diff?

2 leafs..and just a rubber (or poly) bumper, 350 has the same thing.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Oh yeah.....torque spec for lugnuts...148ft lbs!

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
Mine's good to 600, if it's any higher than that I'll use the multiplier!!:)

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon

'16 Transit 350 15 pass, all factory equipment. (XLT, pretty nicely equipped). Still grounded. :headbang:

*There's a ton of these things being used around the airport. To my knowledge, ours is the only one that's been parked (Hertz is super OCD about recalls).

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
You bought that as a daily driver Ernie?...or am I missing something?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
You bought that as a daily driver Ernie?...or am I missing something?

You're missing something. Company driver @ the airport (shuttle van). Replaces a '15 Express 15 pass with 92k miles on it (that's correct- little wheels never stopped turning). Express looked, felt, and drove like it had triple that mileage on it- not many nice things to say about how well it held up.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Not uncommon that I miss something :D

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I'm still living in the past............

DSCF3409.JPG

DSCF3410.JPG

Not really, beam torque wrench is easy to look at and determine if it's calibrated right. Can't say that about the click types.

Ford Truck Articles