Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1964 Ford F110 Double Door 4x4 shortbed

New Truck.

1964 Ford F110 Double Door Shortbed 4x4.
Retired RailRoad Truck.

Attachments

• 64 DD 4X4 SHORT (9).jpg
  • 64 DD 4X4 SHORT (17).jpg
  • 64 DD 4X4 SHORT (40).JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow...that things wild looking. Any history or specs?

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
im erty sure....whatever u hit will die.....lead sled is an understatement

that truck was not built by ford, nor does it look to be built by Crown conversion. the front/back doors give it away.

I would like to own it though! nice find!

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
I noticed they were the same thought it was kinda wierd. Id actually prefer it that way so the rear passengers get the benefits of the wing windows.

that truck was not built by ford, nor does it look to be built by Crown conversion. the front/back doors give it away.

I would like to own it though! nice find!

Bill W. Yes Ford did not build this. I was told by the previous owner that this truck was owned by the railroad, now who created it, no idea, by there was 3 major conversions companies back in the early 60's, the front doors and the rear doors are the same with a minor correction to the body lines on the rear doors. All doors have wing windows.. I call my truck a Double Door vice a crew cab because the doors are not chopped or shortened.
Thanks, plan on keeping her too.

Wow...that things wild looking. Any history or specs?

Previous owner told me it was an old railroad truck.
Original y block gone, currently has a 351 W.
Big front plate steel bumper and front support bars coming thru the grill makes it seem something heavy was on the front.
Has double shocks on all 4 wheels.
Shortened bed to fit stock frame.
Spotlight on roof.
Hood has stifferners to reduce hood shake.
Front Passenger floor board has an access panel to the ground below.
Plan is to get running, do body work, fix interior, Put a hot rebuild 292 Y Block in her.

So ugly, but so awesome! (Just like a Škoda, LOL) Do you have plans for it?

Get running.
Do body work, keep white, steel rims, ford hubcaps, etc.
Fix interior to close to stock, use dynamat to quiet interior.
Build a new 292 Y Block w truck transmission for reliability.
Pretty muck keep stock look while making reliable.
it is 26 inches from the ground to the bottom of the rocker panels. Might need to do custom steps.

Greetings!

I have a 1965 Ford Cab Pick up in GA. I am interested in selling it and have been offered everything from 5-7,000 dollars. Can you tell me what would be appropriate. It's rusting quite a bit at present. It looks just like your 4 door truck pictured except mine has a gold wide stripe on the sides. What other history do you have about the truck. We found out the manufacturer was Highlands Michigan. It has a 352 engine V 8 Engine and a 4 wheel drive. Thanks!
S

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I have seen same set up 2 front doors each side on some 60's military trucks we had .

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts