Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van...V2

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I've done oil changes on a few of them with the 3.5 and enjoyed looking at them. Plenty of Connects on the roads, only a few Transits.

:mad::mad::mad::headbang::headbang::headbang::icon_mecker::icon_mecker::icon_mecker:

Funny you guys bring this up..still waiting on that body part...this Transit rollout has not been, IMO, one of Ford's finer endeavors.

If you can deal with having the Wheel on the "right" side smilietease i'll get one and send it over for you Duncan ..... have to be in diesel though

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you can deal with having the Wheel on the "right" side smilietease i'll get one and send it over for you Duncan ..... have to be in diesel though

Thank you, but no....never a diesel again for a work truck!!!

Even with the anemic GM baby V8 I can actually pass a logging truck now....lol

Thank you, but no....never a diesel again for a work truck!!!

Even with the anemic GM baby V8 I can actually pass a logging truck now....lol

This modern diesel stuff is getting pretty good now though - the 5 cylinder diesel Ranger cleans up a 4.0 v6 hilux in most respects except noise level..... having said that i wouldn't want to be owning a high mileage/older one now as to put the fuel pump on a test bench is now $7000.00 and that's before they do anything to it:headbang:. I've just had an older Hilux Surf in (4 runner i think you call it) with the 1KZT engine which is 3.0 turbo intercooled I4 and the cost for a total fuel injection pump rebuild is going to run the client about $2000.00 inc labour to remove and replace the pump and includes fitting a new cam belt kit and water pump (might as well do it all while your'e in there).

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
This modern diesel stuff is getting pretty good now though - the 5 cylinder diesel Ranger cleans up a 4.0 v6 hilux in most respects except noise level..... having said that i wouldn't want to be owning a high mileage/older one now as to put the fuel pump on a test bench is now $7000.00 and that's before they do anything to it:headbang:. I've just had an older Hilux Surf in (4 runner i think you call it) with the 1KZT engine which is 3.0 turbo intercooled I4 and the cost for a total fuel injection pump rebuild is going to run the client about $2000.00 inc labour to remove and replace the pump and includes fitting a new cam belt kit and water pump (might as well do it all while your'e in there).

I don't disagree on the economy/reliability Mark, but with 9k+ lbs, I want the pep of the Ecoboost...esp after driving the 750 for the past 10 years.
I'm not going to go into costs after my latest stupidity with the old Detroit...lol.

I don't disagree on the economy/reliability Mark, but with 9k+ lbs, I want the pep of the Ecoboost...esp after driving the 750 for the past 10 years.
I'm not going to go into costs after my latest stupidity with the old Detroit...lol.

You are getting a decent load in there at that weight :):) ..... you don't see much in the way of Detroit powered trucks here now but the fishing fleet loves them - so cheap to rebuild and pretty reliable just ever so noisy with one screaming away in the background all day. I can tell you from experience that spending 18 hours out on the back deck of a 6V71 jimmy powered fishing trawler keeps the eardrums ringing for quite some time after you've tied up and gone down the pub for a couple of cold ones..... probably been a major cause of my "domestic deafness" :wasntme::wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Domestic deafness leads to one thing....a good night's sleep

:D

Domestic deafness leads to one thing....a good night's sleep

:D

:hehehm:It also leads to the other half's decibel level rising high enough that all the cats,kids and dog head for the hills as that "tone" comes through the comfortable level of domestic deafness wall you've "developed" :wasntme:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
:hehehm:It also leads to the other half's decibel level rising high enough that all the cats,kids and dog head for the hills as that "tone" comes through the comfortable level of domestic deafness wall you've "developed" :wasntme:

Awesome...something to look forward to!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Well....all things are indicating that a new thread, aptly titled "new van v3" will be started soon.

:headbang:

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
OMG.
I believe I would have to head to another dealer or something

What's up?

You da red headed step child or sumptin?

'wtf':drop::nono::rotz:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Dealer is fine Charlie, this is Ford Corporate not being able to supply a part....specifically the top piece at the back where it got crunched.
Lol on the stepchild!!!!

Jeez Duncan sounds like you have all the luck ..... i hope your dealer will be treating you extra special whenever you bring the van in for service.

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Jeez Duncan sounds like you have all the luck ..... i hope your dealer will be treating you extra special whenever you bring the van in for service.

Yeah, real $pecial.............smilietease

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member

Ford Truck Articles