Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I need advice. to trade in or to keep?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Yeah. It got worse.

Started smoking like a freight train and running like butt. Thinking a bad injector + head gasket now. It's just getting better.

Bought an 08 f-150 and parked that turd beside the house until I can get it to somebody to have it fixed.

I wish I would have traded it in instead of mulling over it.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
that sucks.. but if you get it fixed youll be problem free for long time.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Yeah I will get her fixed up. I will probably wait till spring. Dint wanna drop a bunch of coin before layoff season.

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
know that feeling...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Another vote for keeping it and repairing it.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
It's kept and will be repaired.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
An update.

sorry for the delay on getting this updated. I went to oriellies to borrow their pressure tester. They wanted 200 bucks for it so I just used it in their parking lot. It's about a 10 mile drive and when I got there I opened the hood and went to bleed off the preasure. Turns out there was ZERO water pressure. Not only that but I saw a little wet spot around the cap.

So I knew it was the cap.

I borrowed their tester and tossed it on there and it held at 16 psi for a few minutes before I said f it and bled it off and tested the cap. The cap held 0 psi. It flowed out faster than I could pump it.

Threw a new cap on and I think all Problems with the super duty have been fixed.

Sorry for the late reply but with the bad injector but I hadn't been driving it for some time.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
Still gonna sell it?

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Yeah. It's been fixed for a while. I have 3 ford pickups in my driveway. so yep, pending half ton boat pull test, she's a gonner.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
You better buy it so you can haul all them chillens around.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
I know where there's a real.clean sex-0 for sale :)

You have yet to put on offer in on. In all.honestly is love to keep it for pulling the boat around. My boat is pretty heavy. Heavier than an 18 footer should be. But it's non super practical to have 3 trucks. Granted the flareside is a garage queen, but I literally don't drive the super dooky anymore. with a 3 mile commute on a biway there's really no need to fire it up and idle it for 15 minutes to drive for 5. I just drive the half ton

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID
I own two pickups and the F600, what's your point?

My offer would be a bit below the value, along with the fact I'm a few months out unless a screaming deal comes along. Also debating if I want to go half ton and 5.4 or go Stupid Duty in 7.3, 6.0, or 6.8...

Ford Truck Articles