Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1977 Ford build thread

Hello everyone,

I have been on this website for awhile now and I just asked a couple question and couple time looking for information, well I decide I would share with you my project I have been tinkering with for awhile now. I have just completed a front end overhaul with new bearings, u-joints and ball joints. Then I have completed a 4 inch lift. see the pic below I have a before and after. Next up I'm waiting for shocks and steering box and other components. Before nolift.jpg

After:
Lift1.jpg

will update once I get all my parts this weekend. Thank you

Fellro

Staff member
Looks like a reasonably solid truck, hope it goes as planned for you.

well I just received the shocks and I need to get them on soon.. next up I need to run it around the section here a couple times and see how it drives since I have never really had it on the road. I need to see if there is a bunch of slop in the steering box to determine if I should replace it... On my 71 Mach 1 I had a lot of slop in the box and it was very hard to drive at 60 mph and I would just assume see if this one needs replaced or not before I start driving it to work and such... SO that is where I am with it.. I know boring but this will be a slow build. Thank you everyone smilieFordlogo

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Things are always slower when the vehicle is in use :).

We've been working on ours for 7 year and it's still got a LONG way to go , lol

Well today I tore into the heater box and all. So I could replace the heater core and blower motor to make sure everything is up to the challenge of the great Midwest winters. Well has anyone seen this type of factory installed AC before.

Attachments

• heater.jpg

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
I've never seen a factory install like that. Could it be a dealer add on rather than factory?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I believe that was a factory piece that was dealer installed.

Fellro

Staff member
Is the evaporator box under the dash, or out on the firewall? Under the dash was dealer installed, out under the hood on the firewall was factory installed typically.

Is the evaporator box under the dash, or out on the firewall? Under the dash was dealer installed, out under the hood on the firewall was factory installed typically.

yep it was under the dash in front of the regular heater box. I had to take the side of the dash lose to get it out so I could get the heater core and regular heater housing out. I guess I found it interesting that it was a dealer add on. Now I have two more holes in the firewall I have to weld up when I get to that point... LOL...

Well tonight I got the power steering pump overhauled, along with a new heater core and blow motor installed. I will get them back into the truck hopefully tomorrow and maybe Saturday I will get the steering gear box replace. Will get pictures tomorrow..

Ford Truck Articles