Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Post a pic of your dent

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Post up a pic and description of your dentside.Heres mine I named it The Mule. Its got a 390 for now with .030 over flat top pistons, 260H cam, Edelbrock intake and 750 Edelbrock carb man choke, and heads off my 428. Also has cb, rollbar with workin lights and dual exhaust. Dana 44 heavy front, D60 rear, np435 trans, np205 tcase.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Alright well...mine is on the homepage this month so here:

http://www.fordtruckfanatics.com/

But if you don't feel like going through all that here:

DSC00329-2.jpg

DSC01005.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

DSC01003.jpg

Specs:

1977 F250 Hi-Boy. 400/C6/NP205. D60's front and rear with factory LS in rear. 4.88 gears. 37x13x16.5 Boggers wrapped around 16.5x9.75 polished aluminum Alcoa rims. This truck has no lift.

Engine Specs: 400 .030 over
Carb: Holley 4150 650 cfm, electric choke vac. secondaries
Intake: Edelbrock Performer
Headers: Sanderson FC3 Headers
Exhaust: 2.25" true duals with Cherry Bomb 12" glasspacks
Cam: Comp Cams xe262
Pistons: TMI Piston .030 overbore 14cc Step Dish

I also consider the 78/79 Broncos in the dentside category, so here's my '79 Bronco:

DSC01378.jpg

Specs:
Engine Specs: 351M
Carb: Holley 4150 650 cfm, electric choke vac. secondaries
Intake: Edelbrock Performer
Exhaust: 2.5" true duals with Cherry Bomb 8" glasspacks

****Soon to have the same engine specs as Red.

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
Here's mine......Still a work in progress. My brother bought this truck for $100 right out of the trees and then decided he didn't want it, so he was either going to just scrap it or give it too me. I decided to restore the truck. Not much was good on the truck. I pretty much just salvaged the chassis, axles, transfer case. The body and engine were shot. I am over 3 years in the project.

Some specs:

460 bored .030 over and stroked to 521
Edelbrock performer intake
Quick Fuel 650CFM carb for Ethanol
No permanant exhaust yet
L&L Shorty Chassis exit headers
D44 Front, D60 Rear
NP205 Transfer case
Integrated Steering Conversion using 78/79 F250 4x4 setup with Borgeson steering shaft
DUI distributer
32 gal rear tank from aerotank

IMG_1473.jpg

IMG_1474.jpg

IMG_1204.jpg

IMG_1211.jpg

IMG_1160.jpg

IMG_1157.jpg

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0656.jpg

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Buck your truck is simply amazing!
Your doing every thing I've thought about doing to my truck right down to the fuel cell :)

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Buck your truck is simply amazing!
Your doing every thing I've thought about doing to my truck right down to the fuel cell :)

Hey Tex...did you see he's running a Quick Fuel carb? I didn't know that either. Seems like similar dimensions to the one you were asking questions about earlier today...except his is for running ethonol.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey Matt...I'm pretty sure I've seen that rig before...how long have you had it? Has it been on evil bay or CL in the passed couple years?

Also, I'm gonna sound dumb, but how do you pronounce Knapheide...is it Na-feed, Na-fide, Nap-heed, or Nap-hide?

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
I've only had it about a year, but my dad had it for several years before that. Have you been around lake norman in the last 3 years? you probably saw it.

Also, I'm gonna sound dumb, but I don't really know. I belive it's Na-fide.

I wish it had a Reading or a Ford. Not FoMoCo, but an outfit on battleground ave. in greensboro that does truck bodies.

DSC00679.jpg

Bucket seats, 4 wheel discs...next on the list is a d60 and 5.13's but not this year.

Engine is posted in other thread but ill whore it out. 410ci, 9.7:1, CHI 2v Heads, Edelbrock Intake and Edelbrock 4 hole 1" Phenolic Spacer, 725 cfm Road Demon, Roller 219/222 @.050 .535 lift 108 lsa, Comp Stainless Roller Rockers, Bee-Hive Valve Springs, Dual Roller Timing Chain, ARP rod bolts, head studs, chrome moly oil pump shaft, MSD Pro Billet, Hedman ceramic coated fenderwell exit headers, Milodon race Pan, HV oil pump and Milodon HV Water Pump.

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
Here's mine.

S6300048.JPG
[/IMG]

I haven't really had the time or money to do much to it yet. I've only owned it for about a year. It supposedly only had aBOUT 30,000 on a rebuilt 400. I did some patch work on the drivers side floorboard. Added different tires and wheels, and had duals ran a few months ago. That's about it. She needs alot of work but gets me back and forth to work every day.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've only had it about a year, but my dad had it for several years before that. Have you been around lake norman in the last 3 years? you probably saw it.

Also, I'm gonna sound dumb, but I don't really know. I belive it's Na-fide.

Yes, I'm in and around the Lake Norman area quite often...maybe that's how I recognize it. Usually I'll be towing a boat, so I'd be in Thunder.

ill whore it out.

Whore it out as much as you want.I looooooooooove that truck...and need a Kleenex everytime I read your list of goodies, so by all means, post that up as much as possible.

S6300048.JPG
[/IMG]

but gets me back and forth to work every day.

There's something about your truck that I loooooooooove too. Something about it just screams TOUGH to me. I dunno really what it, but she looks like a good ol' tough work horse.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
no its not a short bed tex

You've probably said it before...but can you give a little run down on how you went about gettin that hood scoop? Where you got it, how you mounted it, etc.?

Ford Truck Articles