Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

What did you do to your Dent today v2

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Started working on the tailgate. Removed the vertical reinforcement at both ends and cut out the rusty bottom edge.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced battery, alternator, voltage regulator today. I also ordered and installed a headlight wiring harness with relays and fuses so I can use some 100W/80W bulbs in my Hella headlights.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Replaced valve cover gaskets on the 400 today. I was starting to smoke the exhaust pipe after 5 minutes of run time. It went better than I thought. The old gaskets(about 12 years old) were dry and brittle.

I tried something different this time - I put Permatex gasket sealant on the valve cover, then put the gasket on the cover and put the bolts through the holes from the inside to hold the gasket in place until the sealant got tacky. I then pulled the bolts and installed the cover, with only one minor adjustment to the gasket to fit the bolts through.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Replaced the two primary instrument cluster illumination bulbs with LEDs. Wow what a difference!

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
My phone brightened up the pics a little but the difference with the new bulbs is night and day. The bulbs are Sylvania 194 White Zevo LEDs. And they work just fine with the dimmer.
DashLights00.jpg

DashLights01.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Quite a difference! Thanks for posting. Has anybody figured a way to get an LED bulb into the auto transmission shift indicator? The ones I have found are too big in diameter to fit up into the hole.

Quite a difference! Thanks for posting. Has anybody figured a way to get an LED bulb into the auto transmission shift indicator? The ones I have found are too big in diameter to fit up into the hole.

That's what I have trouble seeing in my truck too. Dash is tolerable, but those LED's sure make it better.

Got some new inside door panels, pads, and finger cups a while back to replace the busted ones from when someone took my truck for a joyride smiliecrybaby It's about to go into winter storage for the year.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
The shift indicator is the next one I'm going to try to tackle. I'll let you know how it goes.:scratch:

Post up some picks when you get the door panels replaced! Sure glad we don't have to store for the winter round here.

Jasperrc

Texas Chapter member
Replaced the shift indicator bulb with an LED as well.

Had to take off the steering wheel to do it but right behind the steering it just has one of those bulb bases like the back of the dash so it was pretty easy.

Again, my phone brightened up the pic a little bit more than it really is but it is still way better than before.
Indicator.jpg

I also fixed the passenger door speaker which was cutting out due to a bad connection and the inside latch control on the same door was binding up so I swapped it out with a spare.

Last edited:

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
That was easy enough. Mine is a little different because it has a tilt wheel. Mine is a bayonet bulb that fits up inside a tube in the column. You have to access it from underneath.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
Charged the battery......again and took a load of stuff out to the dump. The dump attendant always asks me if the truck is for sale. He'll give me $500 for it. :D

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Duncan probably walked passed his...…
smilieneenar

Ford Truck Articles