Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Really need help with fuse box plug

Replacing the interior fuse panel on my 06 F350 6.0L. Pulled out all the plugs on the back except one. It is the longest and has a finger loop, two red tabs at the top and some small black tabs on the sides of the connector. How the heck do you get this plug out? Please help! TIA

Sparky83

Virginia Chapter member
Norlina NC
small site you wont get fast answers...

and unfortunately looking at the back of mine in my 04 it didnt have anything like your describing so must be something they changes between the years... if i was to guess you probably need to either squeeze in or push the tabs outward (depending on how theyre designed) that are on the sides and use the red finger loops to pull the connector free from the fuse block.. maybe try posting a picture of it... couldnt find any on google either.. but my guess is your probably talking about the where the battery cable comes in and attaches to the side of the fuse block...

Last edited:

masakimm

Native Texan
The red tabs may be locks u need to pull partially out before the releases will work.

Give it to Mikey. He won't eat it he hates everything. Hey Mikey!! He Likes It.

Thanks to those who replied. Found an F150 fuse / distro box change out video on youtube. The one connector in question has a finger loop that you just pull out... well a little tug. The red doo-hickeys were not in play. Unfortunately, I didn't take pics but again thanks!

Ford Truck Articles